Shipping Methods Tab

Hi,
In admin Panel /vendor section, if I go one of the vendors, I can see there are few tabs. One of them is “shipping methods”. I want to show same tab in vendor panel / seller info.

I can see all the same tabs in vendor panel except shipping methods, how to make it visible there too. Any guidance will be helpful.

Thankyou.

1 Like

If anyone can share some ideas, it will be a great help.
Thank you.

1 Like

Hi!

By default, vendors configure their shipping methods in the “Settings” menu (see the screenshot below). We made it that way because shipping methods aren’t something that vendors configure or change every day.

For now, changing that behavior requires code modification. But in CS-Cart Multi-Vendor 4.16.1 the vendor dashboard will be much more configurable, including menu customization. So you’ll be able to show “Shipping methods” where you want them.

P.S. Here’s a sneak peek of something else that is coming in version 4.16.1 — onboarding guide for new vendors. You’ll be able to customize it with your own steps, videos, etc.

3 Likes

Hi,
You mention that behavior can be changed through code modification, can you please explain? it will be helpful.
Thank you

Sure.

The code of CS-Cart Multi-Vendor is open. A programmer can edit the code and change almost anything about how the platform works. Only the budget can limit the scope of the changes. I’ve seen some big marketplaces on Multi-Vendor where they completely revamped the vendor panel according to their needs and processes.

Changing the positions of menus in the vendor panel shouldn’t be extensive or expensive coding. I’m not a programmer though, so I don’t have a 100% ready-and-tested solution. Our Customer Care in Help Desk may be able to move the menus in the vendor panel for you.

But here are some details for those who'd rather do it themselves.
  • I’d start with this file in your CS-Cart Multi-Vendor installation: app/addons/vendor_panel_configurator/schemas/menu/menu_vendor.php. It should determine what menu items appear in the vendor panel, and their order.

• Make a backup copy of the file before making any changes to it. That way, you can always go back to the original file.

• It’s best to make any changes on a separate copy of your site first. That way you’ll be able to test the changes without them potentially breaking the main site.

• We don’t recommend changing core files directly. If you change the file directly, there are some added risks (third-party add-ons not working, changes lost after the upgrade, etc.)

Ideally, changes are made not in the CS-Cart files, but through hooks and custom add-ons. But that requires a bit more technical knowledge.

And starting with Multi-Vendor 4.16.1, that won’t even be necessary — menu editing will be available to marketplace owners in the vendor panel.

2 Likes