Shipping Is Super Confusing To Vendors On Our Marketplace

So, we just launched and have about 200 vendors on our CS-Cart Multi-Vendor with another 500 about to come on board. We are getting ALOT of complaints on how difficult it is to set up shipping.

Most of our sellers are coming over from Etsy and are used to quickly and easily setting up shipping on the product. In CS-Cart it's more at the store level that you set up shipping and then have to figure out the right combination of shipping methods to make sure the right shipping shows up on the right products in checkout.

Then with Free Shipping (which a lot of our vendors offer) is really strange. Vendors have to setup a working Shipping Method to offer Free Shipping. It's seems weird to have to make vendors to set up shipping when they don't want to offer shipping.

Even weirder, if they don't set up their shipping methods correctly on the checkout page it shows "Free Shipping" but the Place Order button disappears. So, it looks like to the buyer they should be able to purchase the product, but it only shows Continue Shopping without any error on why they can't complete the order. (See Attached)

How is everyone teaching their vendors on Multi-Vendor to easily set up shipping. We've create a help center with written and video help articles, but it's still confusing to people: https://goimagine.helpsite.com/

Anyone having the same pain we are? Any ideas on how to make shipping easier for vendors to setup in CS-Cart Multi Vendor?

Capture.PNG

Hello

Where can you see this effect? Enter the website address.

Best regards

Robert

Robert,

You can see when you add this product to the checkout that it shows "Free Shipping" but there's no Place Order button: https://goimagine.com/home-and-living/home-decor/snowman-wreath/

I found out the reason for this behavior is because there isn't a shipping method set up that this product applies to.

It's SUPER weird that a vendor marks a product Free Shipping...but it still needs to apply to a shipping method. I would think that if you mark a product Free Shipping it no longer would apply to any shipping methods.

Hi,

Did you get any resolution with the shipping issues at all? I'm new to MV and have many years experience with eCommerce systems but some really entry-level features such as a Vendor/seller being able to set their own rates can't be done at least from what I understand. Also, having such a battle to get Stripe Connect working. Did you set up Stripe Connect yourself?

Regards

Yep. We have things working now. That said, the common complaint from our vendors is that setting up shipping methods is a lot harder than it has to be. To help them we created our own help center here: help.goimagine.com

That said, I really hope CS-Cart makes it more intuitive in the future. We have thousands of sellers coming from marketplaces like eBay, Amazon and Etsy where setting up a shop is streamlined and easy. It's not good to cause friction to a seller trying to set up a shop since some will not continue with selling on our marketplace do to that.

Yep. We have things working now. That said, the common complaint from our vendors is that setting up shipping methods is a lot harder than it has to be. To help them we created our own help center here: help.goimagine.com

That said, I really hope CS-Cart makes it more intuitive in the future. We have thousands of sellers coming from marketplaces like eBay, Amazon and Etsy where setting up a shop is streamlined and easy. It's not good to cause friction to a seller trying to set up a shop since some will not continue with selling on our marketplace do to that.

I do not have vendors yet , but I agree , i wish everything was more intuitive , its because this days everyone is now used to UX designs, which really makes things playful and intuitive to almost everyone.

Appart of the shipping method, what the next thing they complain the most about ?

Thanks for clarify on possible ways to resolve this. Seems things are working now?

For some reason (maybe it's native to MV system) a Vendor is unable to set their own Rate Areas. A Vendor creates its own Shipping Methods but cannot edit the Rate Areas. Am I doing something wrong?

In our MV the vendors don't set Rate Areas. They just create their own Shipping Methods.

No you are not doing it wrong. they just can't

cs cart help desk answer on that :

Fortunately, you don't have to create shipping methods for every country because your vendors are able to do it themselves. Moreover, vendors can edit only those shipping methods that were created by them.
When a vendor has created a new method, he/she can set shipping time and rate for any rate area, added by you. They are not allowed to create or edit rate areas themselves.
As for the vendors' location, they can add stores and pickup points addresses and connect them to certain rate areas. Go to Administration > Stores & pickup points to see a list of stores or create a new one. Note that the add-on Stores and pickup points should be installed.

Hi,

Any idea how to create a Free Shipping Storewide offer once the cart is over a certain threshold?

Hi,

Any idea how to create a Free Shipping Storewide offer once the cart is over a certain threshold?

Hello,

I think the easiest way to do this is to set up a cart promotion, use condition "Order subtotal", and set a separate bonus for each shipping method you have in your store.

If you have a lot of shipping methods, it takes a while, but you only have to do it once.

Hi,

Please, follow these instructions:

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/shipping_and_taxes/shipping_methods/manual_shipping_methods/free_shipping.html