Shipping info at checkout

I am wondering is anyone ever changed the way the information are displayed at checkout.

When someone checkout the first time everything is ok as they are presented both the billing and the shipping form fields to fill out.

When a customer that is already registered returns to the store, after logging in, he is sent directly into the payment section of the checkout, assuming the billing and shipping addresses are the same as the first time he placed the order. But what if the customer wants to ship the products to a different address this time? Unless he checks, he will not be asked to input a shipping address that will be by default the one he input the first time…

Because on my store anyone can ship an order to a different address than the billing, I would like to always show the shipping information form to the customers, regardless if they are first time or returning ones…

Did anyone ever considered this and modified the way info are displayed at checkout?

Has anyone solved this somehow?

Please let me know if you did or what you would recommend…thank you

Hello cherubrock74,

Thank you for your request.

Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team