Shipping and Payment Gateway

I’ve been poring through the forum for how to set up shipping with a flat rate. There seems to be some confusion among best methods and I’d like to set it up right before the store launches.

One recommendation seems to be to set up a supplier and add that to the products which is not a hardship since we’ve not begun loading products yet. After reading through several forum posts and the documentation and got past the “Unfortunately there are no shipping methods” message.

The flat rate shipping amount is not showing up in the subtotal nor is it being added at the time of purchase throught the test gateway. One wouldn’t think that this would be so challenging to set up, although I totally admire the elegance of all the software’s features. :slight_smile:

The PayPal test gateway works fine but eWay was declined. Anyone know how to set up that test gateway?

If you are not shipping from multiple warehouses, there is no need for the Supplier addon and setup will be a bit easier. If you need to use the supplier addon, then make sure that, in addition to all the standard manual shipping stuff, you set the supplier on all your items and shipping methods.

At least while testing, uncheck “Multiple shipping method selectboxes” in the Supplier options - this will allow you to see any misalignments in shipping methods (when this is unchecked, the same shipping method must be available for all products or you will get the “Unfortunately ther are no shipping methods” message).

Bob

Thanks for your answer. There is only one supplier for this store so I may be wandering down the wrong road.

Can you supply a list of steps for setting up tax and shipping for this scenario, please?

1. store supplied products (one supplier)
  2. 10% tax over and above sales price (even though I have taxes set up to not be included in the sale, the results on the checkout screen are not consistent. Is this a global setting or not?)
  3. Flat Fee shipping for anywhere in Australia.

I’ve read the documentation and it seemed that the only way to over come the no shipping methods was to create a supplier. At this point, I have only demo data up and have all of the monitors set up the same way. If login credentials would assist you in looking over the setup and giving me a “straight answer”, I’m happy to send them in private message.

I was mistaken about the tax concern. :o The summary box is misleading because it has a subtotal amount with GST beneath it but clicking on the details indicates that the tax is being added to the product price.

When I went to:

Admin → Settings → Shipping Settings

I noticed that, through my trials, I had disabled shipping methods. I enabled them again and the “unfortunately there are no shipping methods” message reappeared so I disabled them again.

I diabled the Supplier Addon with no ill effects.

At this point, all monitors on the demo data have a shipping amount of $8.95 included but this is still not showing up in the checkout amounts.

What in the world am I doing wrong?

[quote name=‘MarjWyatt’]I was mistaken about the tax concern. :o The summary box is misleading because it has a subtotal amount with GST beneath it but clicking on the details indicates that the tax is being added to the product price.[/QUOTE]

The tax display is confusing when the tax is already included in the price - it looks like it should be added but, of course, that is not the case.

If you do not need to show the price including GST, you can uncheck “Display prices with taxes on cart/checkout pages” in Design->Appearance setting which will then show the traditional subtotal+tax=total.

Bob

[quote name=‘MarjWyatt’]When I went to:

Admin → Settings → Shipping Settings

I noticed that, through my trials, I had disabled shipping methods. I enabled them again and the “unfortunately there are no shipping methods” message reappeared so I disabled them again.

I diabled the Supplier Addon with no ill effects.

At this point, all monitors on the demo data have a shipping amount of $8.95 included but this is still not showing up in the checkout amounts.

What in the world am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

In Shipping methods, make sure your rates are applied to the ‘Australia’ location, not the ‘All countries’ location - a specific location takes precedence over the default location. I think this will fix your issue.

Bob

Hi Bob,

If shipping is disabled (to avoid the no shipping method error), and the only location that is active is Australia, what is it that I need to change, exactly?

I have added the flat-rate shipping to the monitor products and it still isn’t showing up on the cart or during the checkout.

On the Shipping Charges tab of your Flat Rate shipping method, click the link for Australia (where it says ‘Show rate for location’) and enter your shipping charges there.

The shipping freight you specified on the individual products will be added to whatever shipping charge is calculated for the location.

Bob

Ok … Finally got shipping to show up in the cart subtotals but the software is dyslexic! :smiley:

The flat rate is 8.95, that is what is showing up on the left side. The right side says 9,85. What’s up with that?

:o

dyslexic-cart-image.jpg

[quote name=‘MarjWyatt’]Ok … Finally got shipping to show up in the cart subtotals but the software is dyslexic! :smiley:

The flat rate is 8.95, that is what is showing up on the left side. The right side says 9,85. What’s up with that?

[/QUOTE]

The $9.85 includes your GST.

Bob

Ok. No dyslexia involved then but the shop owner only wants to charge 8.95 for all shipping in country and one might argue that GST should only be applied to product sales price. Is there any way to apply GST to product price only?

I suppose it is entirely possible that GST should be applied to shipping too but, since the home page states 8.95 for all shipping…

[quote name=‘MarjWyatt’]Ok. No dyslexia involved then but the shop owner only wants to charge 8.95 for all shipping in country and one might argue that GST should only be applied to product sales price. Is there any way to apply GST to product price only?

I suppose it is entirely possible that GST should be applied to shipping too but, since the home page states 8.95 for all shipping…[/QUOTE]

In theGeneral tab of your Flat Rate shipping method, uncheck ‘GST’ under the taxes.

Bob

Perfect!!!

Thanks for helping out a newbie like me. I will take notes for future reference.

:smiley: