Setting Up Shipping

[QUOTE]Another problem is my supplier has 6 different factories and I don’t know which one the products would be shipping from on a particular order so I can’t set a default location.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this pretty much throws a major wrench into the Real Time Shipping rates method…About the best you could do is pick a midway point & hope it all equals out in the end when you tally up your actual shipping costs. Some shipments you will charge more than your actual cost, others will cost you more than you charged. Not the best situation…

No matter what, you are gonna be doing a lot of “Whinging It” unless you are able to charge your customers for shipping as an additional secondary charge after you have determined your actual shipping cost from your supplier.

I have had situations like this where we would just add a “best guess approximate” shipping calculation to each order and note in the shipping description that the actual shipping charge may actually increase or decrease when the order is finalized. Then, if you are setup to 1st only Authorize your credit card payments, you have the ability to make the actual shipping charge adjustments before doing the final Capturing of each order transaction. There are limitations as to how much additional you can charge above the initial Authorization amount, so you have to take that into consideration as well.

[quote name=‘chipdougal’]

And all this adds to a shipping problem. My products just wont be going up in weight they will also be going up in the number of boxes. Also I wont know the size of the boxes shipping. If someone orders 25,000 Brochures the weight will go up dramatically and so will the number of boxes used.[/QUOTE]

This is yet another example of why we need multi-box shipping. Even though it will not fully address your issues (shipping from different factories), it would improve your calculations by charging appropriately for the extra boxes. You might want to cast your vote/leave any comments for this in the UserVoice area:

[url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-general/suggestions/502983-add-dimensional-weight-handling-for-shipping-with[/url]

Bob

Is there a way to copy the dependencies from one location to another?

In the screenshot that was posted here already (below), I don’t have the “show rates for locations…” selections. I’m getting “no shipping options” message for anywhere other than USA. I do have a few locations set up. Any ideas on what I’m missing???

[URL]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/upscharges.jpg[/URL]

[quote name=‘interfaceFactory’]In the screenshot that was posted here already (below), I don’t have the “show rates for locations…” selections. I’m getting “no shipping options” message for anywhere other than USA. I do have a few locations set up. Any ideas on what I’m missing???

[URL]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/upscharges.jpg[/URL][/QUOTE]

Are you using manual or real-time shipping calculations? You won;t have any locations if you are using real-time shipping rates.

Bob

Real-time. Got it, thank you!