Setting Up Shipping

Ok to avoid making this complicated since I am getting the no shipping to this location error and other errors, tried everything I saw to resolve it with no success.

What are the steps I need to take to configure shipping/taxes using the following critera?

1. I only have 1 supplier and they are drop shipping.

2. I am only shipping to the United States 48 continental states.

3. I am only offering UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air, UPS 3 Day, UPS Next Day

4. My store location is Florida,

5. I don’t want to charge different rates based on customers location just weight of the product and the options. (Quantity doesn’t matter since I am using an option for quantity instead of the built in quantity function.)

6. All of my products can ship to all 48 states.

7. How do I configure sales tax on only Florida customers?

Thanks for any help it will be most appreciated.

Create a Supplier and make sure you include the address (you may not need the address for manual shipping methods, but you might as well include it). Then assign this supplier to all of your products(you can use the mass edit feature to make this easier). If you want an email automatically sent to your supplier, in Orders->Order statuses, make sure ‘Notify’ suppliers’ is checked (usually only for the Processed status - you don’t want them shipping stuff before it is paid for).

Set up two Locations: ‘Florida’ and 'Continental US except FL". Set up manual shipping methods (UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air, etc) as described at [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation. Use only the “Weight dependencies” to specify your shipping charges. If your shipping charges are the same for all 48 states, you can assign the charges on the ‘Default destination’ tab where it says “Show rates for location”.

In Shipping/Taxes->Taxes, create your FL sales tax - on the ‘Tax rate’ tab, assign a rate only to the FL location.

That should do it.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Create a Supplier and make sure you include the address (you may not need the address for manual shipping methods, but you might as well include it). Then assign this supplier to all of your products(you can use the mass edit feature to make this easier). If you want an email automatically sent to your supplier, in Orders->Order statuses, make sure ‘Notify’ suppliers’ is checked (usually only for the Processed status - you don’t want them shipping stuff before it is paid for).

Set up two Locations: ‘Florida’ and 'Continental US except FL". Set up manual shipping methods (UPS Ground, UPS 2nd Day Air, etc) as described at [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation. Use only the “Weight dependencies” to specify your shipping charges. If your shipping charges are the same for all 48 states, you can assign the charges on the ‘Default destination’ tab where it says “Show rates for location”.

In Shipping/Taxes->Taxes, create your FL sales tax - on the ‘Tax rate’ tab, assign a rate only to the FL location.

That should do it.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help I will give it a shot.

On a side note I should have included. I will be notifying the supplier manually myself because I have to place all the orders on their site after an order is received.

[quote name=‘chipdougal’]On a side note I should have included. I will be notifying the supplier manually myself because I have to place all the orders on their site after an order is received.[/QUOTE]

Just make sure that ‘Notify suppliers’ is unchecked for all the order statuses.

You really don’t need to use the Suppliers add-on if all three below are true:

1. You will be using only a single supplier;
  2. You do not require using the supplier address as the shipping origin;
  3. You do not need the order sent automatically to the supplier.

Bob

Still getting the same thing. No shipping locations. I took screenshots of every setting I could think of, maybe from that you can tell me what I am doing wrong.

[url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/locations.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/floridalocation.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/usalocation.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/bcweight.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/shippingmethods.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/upsgeneral.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/upscharges.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/generalsettings.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/checkout.jpg[/url]

Thanks for any help. This problem is really driving me up the wall, I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. I removed the suppliers since I am meeting that criteria you specified.

Chip,

For both your Locations, move UNITED STATES into the left side “Countries” Box.

Leave everything else the way it is & give it another try!

[quote name=‘Struck’]Chip,

For both your Locations, move UNITED STATES into the left side “Countries” Box.[/QUOTE]

I did it with and without that, still nothing. Thanks though I will leave it that way. It is kind of confusing the way that is though.

Also since these screenshots I added a new tax called it Florida Sales tax, put it at 7 percent and applied it to the shipping and just the Florida location.

I got rid of VAT off everything.

The sales tax doesnt show up either.

Try clearing your cache (add &cc to the end of one of your site urls), then try it again.

[quote name=‘Struck’]Try clearing your cache (add &cc to the end of one of your site urls), then try it again.[/QUOTE]

nothing still

After adding this product to your cart, go to your cart & click the page refresh in your browser & see if it makes any difference.

Unless your old settings are still in the cache, I can’t see why you would not be rcvng shipping rates.

Although this should not make any difference, change “0” to 0.00 where you have this entered in your beginning weight range settings.

You don’t have your shipping method set to the correct location. You have to choose Florida then enter your manual shipping methods into it. Then you’ll have to select United States (which should contain all other states EXCEPT for FL) and set the manual shipping method for that location. You have the shipping method set for Default Destination (all countries) so make sure you set up the shipping method for your individual locations.

Hopefully that will work for you. You’ll also have to make sure the FL tax is set for all of the products that should have FL tax applied to them. I think you said you did that but I’m just mentioning it again.

Good luck!

MY GOD THANK YOU!!

Got the tax working, yes forgot to put it on the product itself.

Got the shipping to show up, just need to configure about 1 billion prices now for all the quantities I sell, sizes, and product types.

Ok, I see what Stephanie must be referring to!

Click the links for both “Florida” & “United States” which is where you will need to actually enter the shipping charges per Lb for those two locations within the Weight Dependencies section, just like you have setup for the Default Location in your screen shot.

Shown on this screen shot: [url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/upscharges.jpg[/url]

She is probably right in that you dont have weight dependency pricing setup under these two locations. :wink:

[quote name=‘Struck’]Ok, I see what Stephanie must be referring to!

Click the links for both “Florida” & “United States” which is where you will need to actually enter the shipping charges per Lb for those two locations within the Weight Dependencies section, just like you have setup for the Default Location in your screen shot.

Shown on this screen shot: [url]http://www.elitecolorprinting.com/cartscreenshots/upscharges.jpg[/url]

She is probably right in that you dont have weight dependency pricing setup under these two locations. ;)[/QUOTE]

Yep that was the problem. I think my idea of the screen shots came in handy, no one else that was having this problem was doing that. They seemed to be running in circles over and over trying to find the problem. There are so many different settings that the first time you are configuring it is practically impossible not to miss something.

I’m sure I will have more questions when I try to set the prices for the shipping on all my products and configuring all the payment settings.

But in the mean time THANKS A BUNCH FOR THE HELP.

I will be sure to return the favor when I am more seasoned with this program.

Yeah, those little links for Florida & United States are pretty easy to overlook!

Good catch on Stephanies part considering those particulars were not shown in the screen shots! :wink:

Sounds like your off to the races now!

[QUOTE]Got the shipping to show up, just need to configure about 1 billion prices now [/QUOTE]

Are you not able to use Real Time shipping rates from Fedex or UPS?

Glad to be of help! I noticed those links because I had the same issue with my setup! :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘Struck’]Yeah, those little links for Florida & United States are pretty easy to overlook!

Good catch on Stephanies part considering those particulars were not shown in the screen shots! :wink:

Sounds like your off to the races now!

Are you not able to use Real Time shipping rates from Fedex or UPS?[/QUOTE]

I think it would be virtually impossible to do that with the current limitations of the cart because of the type of product I am selling.

You see I am selling printing, so first off instead of the built in quantity feature I have to make a quantity option that makes the weight go up and makes it where the clients can only pick set quantities amounts.

Also I need the price to change exactly to a certain amount not just give quantity discounts. Each Quantity set has a specific price point not a percentage off.

The way the quantity function works isn’t dynamic enough either because my quantities won’t jump in even stages it goes from 500 to 1000 to 2500 to 5000. Not 500 1000 1500 2000 like the cart would.

And all this adds to a shipping problem. My products just wont be going up in weight they will also be going up in the number of boxes. Also I wont know the size of the boxes shipping. If someone orders 25,000 Brochures the weight will go up dramatically and so will the number of boxes used.

From my suppliers Website I can figure out what the shipping will be for each quantity and each type of product then adjust my prices accordingly to those. I wish there was a more automated way to do this but I just don’t see how it could be done.

Another problem is my supplier has 6 different factories and I don’t know which one the products would be shipping from on a particular order so I can’t set a default location.