I am facing a problem regarding prices which I can't figure out how to solve.
The fact is that we want to promote the selling of products in boxes, but at the same time we allow the users to buy the products in units. For example:
- A pencil sold in units (from 1 to 11 units) should have the price of 0,80â‚¬/unit
- A pencil sold in boxes (1 box contains 12 units) should have the price of 0,65â‚¬/unit
The customer should be able to buy units or boxes. The reason for such price differentiation is to avoid costs of picking in the warehouse and that the entire supply chain is easier.
If a customer buys boxes and units on the same order, price should be differentiated. For example:
- 1 box (12 units in a box)of pencils at 0,65â‚¬/unit
- and 3 pencils more, at 0,80â‚¬/unit
- that would make a total order of 15 pencils
Moreover, our store has different prices according to user groups. And thus, we would need to differentiate "unit prices" and "box prices" for each user group.
I've playing with quantity discounts, minimum order quantity, quantity steps, items in box, and such standard parameters, but I've been unable to make them work the way I want.
How would you tackle that case? Is there any configuration I am not aware of? Anybody know of an addon that could help me?
Any comment or help would be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!