Serious error with my website

Hey everyone,

Bet you all must be very fed up with me by now. But I think i’ve got a very valid reason to post this message.

I have no idea what has happened. But when I was in the checkout page I changed a product price in the admin console. I then refreshed the page and was faced with this nightmare.

I’m pretty sure it’s messed up. From what I can see there is a fatal error message displaying at the moment. Unless it’s just me and my cookies or something?

Maybe Roban or indy0087 broke the website for me haha.

But if not. Then I have a nightmare on my hands. :frowning:

First things first… try to change that price back! lol

If that doesn’t work… delete your var/compiled files so cs-cart can rebuild them

Someone verify its safe to do that btw…

Ok thanks. Is this a common thing to get errors though?

I’m starting to worry a little bit. If the client starts messing around with prices and it breaks the code then I’m gonna be in trouble haha.

Hey sorry about that. I just got booted off the internet.

I didn’t even realise the last post went through. Had to restart my router.

Oh and I must be blind because I didn’t notice you asked if it was safe to delete the files. I’ve already deleted them now though haha…Anyways it didn’t seem to make any difference.

EDIT: By the way I don’t know if this helps. But line 14 that’s mentioned in the error is:

Have you been backing up as you make the changes? Can you restore to a time when things were working OK?

Changing product prices shouldn’t product this result

No I didn’t break your site. But I suppose that was a little joke. You probably corrupted a file. Try uploading site files except your skin.

Hello jbenitos,

Just a reminder:

When possible, do your changes on your local machine. Synchronize your server after testing.

This rule avoids many disasters…

Lee Li Pop

Something very similar has happen to me, and I just deleted the compiled file in error and everything goes ok. There is no problem with that, it will selfrebuilt by himself.

Yes, you’re right E.Qi.Librium!

Here is how to clear cache:

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]You need to either clear your cache through your admin or ftp into your site and remove the contents of the compiled folder.

To clear your cache in the admin use:

[url]your-domain.com - This website is for sale! - your domain Resources and Information.

Brandon[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Green”]/admin.php?dispatch=categories.manage&cc[/COLOR]

Lee Li Pop

[quote name=‘jbenitos’]Hey everyone,

Bet you all must be very fed up with me by now. But I think i’ve got a very valid reason to post this message.

Basically my website is totally ruined [url]Loading...

I have no idea what has happened. But when I was in the checkout page I changed a product price in the admin console. I then refreshed the page and was faced with this nightmare.

I’m pretty sure it’s messed up. From what I can see there is a fatal error message displaying at the moment. Unless it’s just me and my cookies or something?

Maybe Roban or indy0087 broke the website for me haha.

But if not. Then I have a nightmare on my hands. :([/QUOTE]

It was us Americans !!!

[QUOTE]It was us Americans !!![/QUOTE]

haha.

I’ve decided to install the cart from scratch. I have followed the following steps

1 - Downloaded the cart and extracted to a new location on my server

2 - Pointed the config.local.php file to the database & new server location

3 - Copied all the skin images to the new location

But…I am faced with the same error message again.

I presume my database is damaged?. Bit of a shame because I made quite a few changes :frowning:

EDIT: I am also a little worried about the reliability of the cart . I will be handing over ownership to the client soon, and I fear he could break the cart just like I did. Or is this an unusual case?. Can’t really think of a way to prevent any issues…I suppose I would need him to backup the database & images for the skin & config.local.php file?..Obviously if the database was backed up regularly it would be fine…but in the case above I haven’t done this :frowning:

Thanks

NO different than driving a car, at some point you let them get behind the wheel and if they crash it, well they crash it.

he better have nightly backups.

I’ve luckily found a backup from the 12th of December so i’m going to import that to ensure my thinking is correct.

If it works then I have my answer. I suppose the database is the most likely thing to go wrong?. Other than that I suppose all he can possibly break is the skin images or the config.local.php file?.

But I could create a seperate backup folder on the server that contains the skin images, and the config.local.php file. Then if it ever goes wrong I can just copy the files back from the backup folder?..I suppose I could even put these files on a disc and hold them on my PC.

Finally I could just setup a daily backup (still got to learn how to do that) so we cover restoration of the database as well.

If you have cpanel you can do a full cpanel account backup, and I recommend that.

I shall have a look later this evening and report back…

Thankyou

Hmm after installing the whole thing again, and then importing my database…I can’t login.

I’ve even tried a password reset but it basically just e-mails me the following:

[QUOTE]

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: “profiles/recover_password.tpl” in /home/fhlinux182/j/jlbdesigns.co.uk/user/htdocs/CSC/lib/templater/Smarty.class.php on line 1095[/QUOTE]

I really don’t know what to do now. Thanks

EDIT: I’ve decided i’m just going to create a new database. Not worth the hassle as I seem to be getting problem after problem. It’s insane how one change in the admin console can lead to this :frowning: Ohwell I will just have to make more backups in the future.

you maybe missing files…doesn’t sound like a DB issue at all.

Did you remember to delete all of the .htaccess files. If you recall your host doesn’t like .htaccess. So if you uploaded a new cart, they are probably there.

Yeah I deleted them all. I’ve now created a new database and it seems to be working fine.

If I try the old database it just goes all funny on me. So I sorta gave up with it in the end. It’s no big deal because I was going to transfer all the data to the clients server…just a shame it cost me a few hours work typing in all the info.

Is there any recommendations for what I should back up?. I suppose the MySQL database, skins & config file. Also how do you guys and gals provide the backup system to the customer?..Or do you basically just setup an automatic daily backup in the early hours and tell them to drag the backups from the server?.

The only idea I can think of is creating an automatic backup (however I do that) and creating a mapped drive on the clients computer to the backup location…then he can just go in the mapped drive folder here and there and copy out the files…I suppose I could also backup to a sever located in his building, but I doubt he will go for this and it’s probably a bad idea for obvious reasons anyways haha…

EDIT: Or maybe there is a way to backup to another server. Then I could always get him to buy more server space from another company. Just not sure if it’s the most cost effective way forward.