SEO URL changes? How to stop it.

We are migrating from XCart. In XCart our product URLs were mixed case and our category URLs were capitalized. The default in CS Cart is lower case.

We changed the SEO URLs in CS Cart (via the database). Everything was fine when we tested.

Now we notice that some of the URLs are changing back to the default of lower case. We think it's when we edit a product (or a product within a category).

How can we stop CS Cart from changing the SEO URLs?

Any ideas?

I do not the answer, but I believe it is a default setting to make everything lower case. never seen capitals anywhere in my admin or storefront when it comes to the URL.

Yep, CS-Cart is lower case as default.

If you would like an elegant solution, please feel free to PM me. I do not want to post the fix in the public domain as it MAY cause problems with certain server setups. You are free to test as you will…PM if you're interested.

Thanks everyone. We were able to solve it with an htaccess change and the help of StellarBytes and out host HandsOnWebHosting.

Both were very helpful.

The only catch was that we had to exclude the images and attachments because they are mixed case.

[quote name='webstoresdirect' timestamp='1354231901' post='150133']The only catch was that we had to exclude the images and attachments because they are mixed case.

[/quote]

I was going to advise this fix too due to most server setups producing a 404 Not Found on images, attachments, videos, etc.

Glad you got there in the end though.