Seo Ultimate: Canonical Url + Google Rich Snippets + Seo Name History + More

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1311261451' post='117897']

cs-cart doesn't allow two identical seo urls. So your link example doesn't exist.

[/quote]

hmm…i am wrong there…

Like i am selling antivirus software which was the version is 2010 but now the latest version is 2011 and the seo link is “bitdefender-total-security-2010”, if i change this to “bitdefender-total-security-2011” than google shows 404 because the link was changed, so will your addon can do without showing 404 if changing link name or any other method ?

Sorry for wrong explanation

[quote name='miracles' timestamp='1311271704' post='117907']

hmm…i am wrong there…

Like i am selling antivirus software which was the version is 2010 but now the latest version is 2011 and the seo link is “bitdefender-total-security-2010”, if i change this to “bitdefender-total-security-2011” than google shows 404 because the link was changed, so will your addon can do without showing 404 if changing link name or any other method ?

Sorry for wrong explanation

[/quote]

I see. In this case, if the 2010 version was discontinued, 301 redirect is the way to solve this problem. It will require another addon to redirect old/history url(s) to the new url. We're currently in the process of creating this very useful addon. It will save you a lot of time to manually add 301 redirects to .htaccess file.

[quote]We're currently in the process of creating this very useful addon. It will save you a lot of time to manually add 301 redirects to .htaccess file. [/quote]

Sounds like a very useful mod that many will find need for!

[quote name='Struck' timestamp='1311273596' post='117913']

Sounds like a very useful mod that many will find need for!

[/quote]

Not really. No offense to cscartrocks but like I said previously in the thread…If you are using the SEO addon and you simply add “Disallow: /index.php” to the robots.txt file, you will not incur canonical URL's.

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1311272935' post='117910']

I see. In this case, if the 2010 version was discontinued, 301 redirect is the way to solve this problem. It will require another addon to redirect old/history url(s) to the new url. We're currently in the process of creating this very useful addon. It will save you a lot of time to manually add 301 redirects to .htaccess file.

[/quote]

Finally you catch the ball. Definitely i can't wait for that addon and make sure it support 2.1.4 version because i am still on that version

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1311321973' post='117958']

Not really. No offense to cscartrocks but like I said previously in the thread…If you are using the SEO addon and you simply add “Disallow: /index.php” to the robots.txt file, you will not incur canonical URL's.

[/quote]

Actually, Google itself recommends using canonical urls rather than using the robots.txt file:

[quote]

“What about the robots.txt file?

One item which is missing from this list is disallowing crawling of duplicate content with your robots.txt file. We now recommend not blocking access to duplicate content on your website, whether with a robots.txt file or other methods. Instead, use the rel=“canonical” link element, the URL parameter handling tool, or 301 redirects. If access to duplicate content is entirely blocked, search engines effectively have to treat those URLs as separate, unique pages since they cannot know that they're actually just different URLs for the same content. A better solution is to allow them to be crawled, but clearly mark them as duplicate using one of our recommended methods. If you allow us to crawl these URLs, Googlebot will learn rules to identify duplicates just by looking at the URL and should largely avoid unnecessary recrawls in any case. In cases where duplicate content still leads to us crawling too much of your website, you can also adjust the crawl rate setting in Webmaster Tools.”

[/quote]

FYI - Louis has installed his canonical URL add-on on my site and I noticed great improvements in search rankings, I highly recommend his team CS-Cart Rocks and this add-on!

Are these people still supporting the addon? I have emailed them 2 times since the 10th, that's one week and still not a single reply back.

I am keen to buy, but not if their after-sale support is anything like their pre-sales.

[quote name='Billlee' timestamp='1313552638' post='119674']

Are these people still supporting the addon? I have emailed them 2 times since the 10th, that's one week and still not a single reply back.

I am keen to buy, but not if their after-sale support is anything like their pre-sales.

[/quote]

They are, I just got an email from them yesterday. They seem to be a bit busy though.

I got the reply today and went ahead and purchased the addon.

With the new panda update this is really a must-have add-on for anyone with similar or duplicate content on their site. So I am grateful that this is available. :)

When was the new addon releasing ?

Miracles, It is located here:

CS-Cart SEO Ultimate: Canonical URL + Google Rich Snippets + SEO Name History + More

I just installed it on 2.2.2

Bill

I had no problem getting in contact with them. I had some trouble installing and got all the help I needed from them. And the addon works great for me. All my duplicate have gone from google list in webmasterhelp.

Bizarre, i have never had the canonical url field in the addons of my products…Just had a look at the pictures on their website.

Our latest version of CS-Cart Canonical Addon has solved the “duplicate page titles” problem. You can see the demo in action here (look for the page title, now it has “Page” and page number appended):

Category page:

The store is temporarily closed for maintenance

Indexable Features page:

http://demo.cscartrocks.com/adidas.html?page=2

This really is a nice add-on and super easy to install :)

Do existing customers get this update FOC or do we pay for it?

Regards

[quote name=‘AmitP’ timestamp=‘1318846590’ post=‘123872’]

Do existing customers get this update FOC or do we pay for it?

Regards

[/quote]

It’s a free update for all existing customers no matter when you’ve purchased the addon. :)

Is it automatic or do we download it from the website? Thanks CSCARTROCKS

[quote name='AmitP' timestamp='1318848795' post='123875']

Is it automatic or do we download it from the website? Thanks CSCARTROCKS

[/quote]

Please re-download and re-upload the files.