SEO page 404 errors

My website has never had a problem for many years with the SEO addon until now. For some reason every time product is clicked it give s 404 page error. If i disable the addon iot works fine. I have tried clearing the cache, contacteds Martfox who said its a cs cart issue, re-installed the addon and it's still the same. Can anyone help?

Does this effect product pages only?

Check re-write engine is On.

[quote name='Adrian8' timestamp='1352479112' post='148792']

Does this effect product pages only?

Check re-write engine is On.


Yes. Where do I check re-write?

If it is only effecting product pages then it is not likely to be a rewrite problem.

Is this standard Apache setup using htaccess files?

[quote name='Adrian8' timestamp='1352561853' post='148880']

If it is only effecting product pages then it is not likely to be a rewrite problem.

Is this standard Apache setup using htaccess files?


Yes. Everything was working fine until my website hosting went down for a couple of days.

Done the latest update and the problem still persists. Should I try re-installing CS cart?

Have you tried clearing cs-cart cache? (eg. admin.php?cc)

[quote name='Adrian8' timestamp='1352831751' post='149094']

Have you tried clearing cs-cart cache? (eg. admin.php?cc)


Yes. Still the same. Can I some how check where the product html files are stored via FTP. Perhaps some permissions have changed?

Product pages are dynamically created so you will not have associated html files. It is not clear why you have this issue with product pages only.

One suggestion you could try creating a new product and check you can browse using seo name.

[size=4]Last week I reinstalled CS from scratch and imported the database, the issue is still there. Today I also updated the CS version with no luck. Is there something i can check in the database or the php server settings ([/size][size=4]PHP Version 5.3.21)? any ideas?[/size]

That's a long time you've been running with this problem…which version of the cart are you using now? All other pages work, except product pages which produce a 404 error? Do any product pages work, or do all products generate a 404 error?

I thought the cs files were corrupt so I only had a chance to reinstall last week. All other pages seem to work fine. Just the product pages and categories pages give the 404 error. The url generated seems to be correct when SEO is enabled. I have also uninstalled the addon and reinstalled with no luck. I am running the latest version 3.0.6 (20/02/13). The php info, is this correct: ? url_rewriter.tags a=href,area=href,frame=src,input=src,form=,fieldset=

Yep, that's the correct values for url_rewriter.

So Content Pages (such as About Us or Contact Us) do work, but Categories and Products do not? Yet they do work if you disable the SEO addon?

Can you posts the contents of the .htaccess file in the root of your hosting.

If .htaccess is not the cause of your problems, it sounds like there are problems with the cscart_seo_names database table.

That's correct. Here is the contents:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

RewriteEngine on

Pleas note that RewriteBase setting is obsolete use it only in case you experience some problems with SEO addon.

Some hostings require RewriteBase to be uncommented


Your store url is

So “RewriteBase” should be:

RewriteBase /store/cart

RewriteBase /

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !.(png|gif|ico|swf|jpe?g|js|css)$

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d

RewriteRule . index.php?sef_rewrite=1 [L,QSA]

Your .htaccess is correct. You could try to uncomment RewriteBase, which depends on your hosts setup whether or not you need to - but no harm in trying as it currently stands.

Aside from that, you could try to run a repair on the cscart_seo_names table, failing that, unless you really know what you're doing with the database, I'd leave this up to CS-Cart Support to fix.

Sorry just realised the contact and about us page also does not work. un-commented the RewriteBase which did not make any difference. There seems to be data in the SEO table, I will look into further.

Finally found out what was wrong. When I reinstalled from scratch I reinstalled into a new folder called 'store'.

Today I changed the RewriteBase / to RewriteBase /store in the htaccess file. Everything is working fine now. Perhaps the original files were corrupt and when I reinstalled the problem fixed itself, i just happened to have incorrect settings in the new installation this time. Thanks for your efforts guys.

Yep, seems obvious enough but I had assumed you had reinstalled over the existing installation. Glad you got your site back in order though.