?sef_rewrite=1

I have a redirect in my .htaccess as follows:

redirect 301 /accessories/bottle-stoppers/fashionista.html /accessories/bottle-stoppers/fashionista-stopper.html

Why does cs-cart append the re-write with “?sef_rewrite=1”

What do I need to do to avoid this? This is not good for google crawlers. The idea of a 301 is to pass along the value of the old pages.

There is no CLEAR answer in the forum that I can find.

Thanks all.

Eureka, once again I have somewhat figured it out. I was able to get the redirects working without the ?sef_rewrite=1 being added. I also created a spreadsheet that wrote the rewrite code for me with an equation. I was able to write about 800, 301’s in a few hours and with the help of Notepad++ providing the carriage returns, it was a fairly painless job…hopefully it helps out in the SERP’s. I did not realize how important it is to re-direct your old pages if you are moving from another cart.

Are you going to share your solution? Maybe then we will have a clear answer in the forum.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Are you going to share your solution? Maybe then we will have a clear answer in the forum.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Roger that Bob, I am going to write up something on my method to share it with others when I get a little time. I want to explain it properly so it is easy for others.

I have attached the spreadsheet I used with some instructions for anyone who is interested in tackling a similar project. I will update the file here if there are any fixes. Hope it helps.

cscart-301-redirects.zip