We are glad to inform you about the second alpha version release of the CS-Cart Multivendor edition. It can be downloaded from [url]http://2tl.dev.cs-cart.com/releases/index.php?action=download[/url]
The main changes include:
- The ability to define logos for vendors;
- The list of vendors on the storefront (the new block in the block manager);
- The pages with a vendor’s description on the storefront;
- The ability to create personal text pages for a vendor (Content → Pages);
- The default demo data: the new vendor administrator. You can log in to the administration panel using username â€œadmin2â€ and password â€œadmin2â€.
You can read the basic information about multivendor at [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=17618[/url]
[quote name=‘snorocket’]1. On the admin side when you select simbirsk technoligies from the vendor pull-down menu you get a page not found error, in addition why is selection even available?[/QUOTE]
Use this pull-down menu as filter to see the main admin’ products and orders. 404 error page was displayed because all vendor restriction are active in this mode.
[quote name=‘snorocket’]2. When viewing the company detailed description on the customer side shouldn’t that vendors products be shown underneath?
3. Vendors should not see the red warning boxes intended for the root administrator only[/QUOTE]
Will be implemented later
[quote name=‘snorocket’]4. I haven’t tested the shipping yet, please tell us if a customer purchases several items from 2 vendors, how will the shipping be calculated? Example Vendor1 is in CA and Vendor2 is in FL and the customer is in TX?[/QUOTE]
There are setting on the page Administration → Settings → Vendors
Multiple shipping method selectboxes (checkbox)
if it is setted - on checkout will be displayed shipping methods for each vendor.
If if is not setted - on checkout will be displayed general shippings methods with total shipping cost for all vendors.
I have tested the shipping methods and found some problem in this multivendor version of cs-cart
- when you set 2 shipping methods for 2 vendors,for example.vendor1 is from LA and vendor2 is form FL. Vendor1 uses USPS and vendor2 uses UPS. vendor1 ships product A and vendor2 ships product B
- When a customer orders product A, then the shipping is calculated taking in to account of as if shipping is originated from shipping address of company and not the origination of vendor1 which is in this case should be LA.
Same is the case with vendor2. It does not calculate for vendor origination rather than origination of company itself.
2nd problem is association of product with vendor. if u associate product with vendor, then it does not calculate the shipping anymore.
I think these things need to be tested properly which will identify itself from rest of other ecommerce softeare
Any way cs-cart can host the multivendor edition for beta testing?
The download link appears to be broken.
[quote name=‘SevenSuns’]The download link appears to be broken.[/quote]
I have been using alpha 1 of the Multi-Vendor Version. It would be great if I could get the latest update! Also, I cannot sign onto the bug-trackers forum. My browsers keep timing out. I have some bugs to report there, if I could get access.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
The correct download link is: [url]http://helpdesk.cs-cart.com/files/cscart_v2.1.0-alpha2.tgz[/url]
Thanks for the link! When installing the second alpha, are you supposed to overwrite all the files? Or can I just upload the entire list of files, and set it to overwrite with newer files?
If I am understanding the purpose of the multi-vendor edition, why is there not a “Sell” page or something similar on the home page? With a registration form that is designed for vendors, with fields for products and url, etc. Also, the ability to enable an approval process, so not all vendors are automatically enabled.
Is there a way to set fees for vendors that agree to sell on the platform? Say, $20 per month for a vendor. Also, having the option to charge a percentage of their sales is highly desirable.
And, allowing a vendor to pay additional for a higher visibility?
I am not seeing that vendors have the ability to import products. Is that correct? That would be a major deficiency.
Probably to late on this one but would love the ability to :
- Payout the vendor on a monthly basis after a percentage deduction (pre-defined %)
- Display his / her vendor payments to date (past payments / and earnings this month)
you have a online-demo store?
forgive my ignorance on this subject - but would this be comparable to an etsy setup? I ask because I am looking for something like this and it would be amazing if cscart does this. Which would then bring me to next question which is, if this is still alpha version - can it be used for a live site? I know it wouldnt be recommended but what are the license issues exactly with the download?
Is an updated multi-vendor version available for testing?
wow exciting - potential date release and all - questions for the people who have been testing it
1 - where can I download the latest testing version
2 - would this version be comparible to etsy?
It does look comparible to Etsy, I’m using Etsy now for A few products so I’ll take a closer look and compare the two - Sno