Searchanize bandwith EATER...?

if you look at source… Searchanize pulls a DETAILED image of your server and squeezes in a 70 pixel width…

/7/detailed/9/image1.jpg

Can you guys at least pull a minuature/thumb ?

easier on the load times and bandwith friendlier… ALSO very ugly if images are non standard sizes…

like a 110 x 450 image… will eat up half the space… anyway around it ?

Hello vanderex,

Thank you for your message.

Unfortunately, there is no way to implement such a feature in Searchanise at the moment. Note that a detailed image path is used only when a product does not have a thumbnail which is uploaded manually for this product, however, it does not matter when a thumbnail is generated automatically.

We will certainly consider your complaint in this matter and see how we can improve it in the next Searchanise versions.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

thanks…can you guys explaing the code following ?

Hello vanderex,

Thank you for the reply.

We use this IFrame to collect statistics for our internal purposes. As regards Google, this IFrame does not affect the pages indexing by Google as long as it is generated by Javascript.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

[quote name='CS-Cart Support team' timestamp='1361346039' post='155888']

We use this IFrame to collect statistics for our internal purposes.

[/quote]

The second biggest reason I do NOT like Searchanise!

The first is I do not feel the search should be getting information from a source other than our server/site.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1361374215' post='155929']

The second biggest reason I do NOT like Searchanise!

The first is I do not feel the search should be getting information from a source other than our server/site.

[/quote]

Searchanise does not collect any private or sensitive information at all. It only indexes what is accessible for the general public via your store's storefront, the same way Google does, for instance. No strings attached here.

Searchanise connector add-on source code is open, and you can see for yourself that there is no spying involved.

Product data are collected for indexing, to perform fast search remotely on the Searchanise server.

Searchanise API is also fully open, you can read more about it at docs.searchanise.com/en/latest/dev/api/index.html