Search Function Is Not Working Correctly.

New here. My employee who was working on this cart has left and now I am playing catchup so if the answers are in a different thread and some one can reference, thank you in advance.

My search function is bringing entirely way too many responses to products. Also I can not find the advanced search. I cannot find anything in settings or anywhere else for that matter on where to edit or change the search parameters. Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

If you have product filters, there will be advanced search link at the bottom of the filters box.

Under the products tab, there is product filters but nothing there really when I open it up.

Hi, Harpersmoto,

Go to Admin panel and check if the Products-Filters are set correctly.

Best regards, Alt-team.

I think they are not because I don't see anyway to set a filter except price. Is that the only spot to change them?

Hello,

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1417187022' post='198272']

I think they are not because I don't see anyway to set a filter except price. Is that the only spot to change them?

[/quote]

Yes, it is a section where you can work with filters.

Please visit CS-Cart demo version. Here is the example of filters and you can add the additional filters by clicking plus button in the top right corner.

Also please check the Knowledge Base.

Best regards, Alt-team.

Knowledge base is what I was looking for. But here is a dumb question and hopefully I can run from there. How do I tell which version I Have?

I know there are several ways to tell which version you have. The only I know is in your admin panel, under the “Help Us Improve CS-Cart” button, it will tell you. I'm on version 4.0.3 and that's located on the top far right side under your sign-in information.

[quote name='harpersmoto' timestamp='1417195476' post='198282']

Knowledge base is what I was looking for. But here is a dumb question and hopefully I can run from there. How do I tell which version I Have?

[/quote]

In your browser's url address bar type yoursite.com?version and press Enter

Try the CS-Cart method.

http://kb.cs-cart.co…-cscart-version

Best regards, Alt-team.

Hey, I forgot to say thanks for the help. I am still having problems, but didn't want to forget.

Could you please post here screenshots of your problems with the comments.

It will be easy to give your the right answer having such visual examples.

Best regards, Alt-team.