Search For Products With Global Options?

Is there any way to find out what products are using a particular global option? It would seem this would be listed when you go to the global option. It should be shown at the bottom that it is "active" on this product and this product, etc. I'm wanting to remove some of our unused global options, but need to make sure they are not in use anywhere on the site first.

Thank you,
Catrina

Unfortunately not. It can be done via a DB query, but there is no admin UI to show you.

Agree with Tony. Additional code modifications are required

If you apply the global option in question to 1 test product the export that product with code and options

In the csv If i remember correctly the number of the option is between {356474646} like this.

Then you can export all your products with options and find this number usin "find all" in spreadsheet, this will show you all cells and thus product codes using that option.

I THINK !!!!

If you apply the global option in question to 1 test product the export that product with code and options
In the csv If i remember correctly the number of the option is between {356474646} like this.

Then you can export all your products with options and find this number usin "find all" in spreadsheet, this will show you all cells and thus product codes using that option.

I THINK !!!!

Wow, that's a lot of export/spreadsheet work.
Maybe try this:
1) identify the option_id of the global option you are interested in (bring up the option in the Products/Options menu page. Right-click the General tab. You'll see an id of something like id="tab_option_details_72". 72 will be the option_id of the option you are looking at.
2) Open phpMyAdmin and search the cscart_gproduct_global_option_links table for option_id = 72. It will then return you a list of all product_id's that use that option.

If you want to get fancy, you can use a query like:

## To use a name for lookup I.e. 'storefronts'
SELECT pd.product, od.option_name FROM cscart_product_descriptions AS pd
	INNER JOIN cscart_product_options AS o ON o.product_id=0 AND status='A'
	INNER JOIN cscart_product_options_descriptions AS od ON o.option_id=od.option_id 
		AND od.option_name LIKE 'storefronts' AND od.lang_code='en'
	LEFT JOIN cscart_product_global_option_links as ol ON ol.product_id=pd.product_id 
		AND ol.option_id=od.option_id
	WHERE 1 ORDER BY pd.product ASC

Which will produce output of 2 columns. The product name followed by the option name. Eg.

Auto Mailer Storefronts
Bulk Price Change Addon Storefronts
Bulk Status Change Addon Storefronts
Buy One Gift One Storefronts

Wow, that's a lot of export/spreadsheet work.
Maybe try this:
1) identify the option_id of the global option you are interested in (bring up the option in the Products/Options menu page. Right-click the General tab. You'll see an id of something like id="tab_option_details_72". 72 will be the option_id of the option you are looking at.
2) Open phpMyAdmin and search the cscart_gproduct_global_option_links table for option_id = 72. It will then return you a list of all product_id's that use that option.

If you want to get fancy, you can use a query like:

## To use a name for lookup I.e. 'storefronts'
SELECT pd.product, od.option_name FROM cscart_product_descriptions AS pd
	INNER JOIN cscart_product_options AS o ON o.product_id=0 AND status='A'
	INNER JOIN cscart_product_options_descriptions AS od ON o.option_id=od.option_id 
		AND od.option_name LIKE 'storefronts' AND od.lang_code='en'
	LEFT JOIN cscart_product_global_option_links as ol ON ol.product_id=pd.product_id 
		AND ol.option_id=od.option_id
	WHERE 1 ORDER BY pd.product ASC

Which will produce output of 2 columns. The product name followed by the option name. Eg.

Auto Mailer Storefronts
Bulk Price Change Addon Storefronts
Bulk Status Change Addon Storefronts
Buy One Gift One Storefronts

Yep it can be alot of work if you dont know sheets too well, but using text to columns and use { as the seperator you can then easily filter by the required number , thus then being able to see all products in 1 column filter. Should take 10 mins

Takes away the nerves of anyone a little uneasy with PHPmyadmin.

Export of products for some of my clients can take 20 minutes and chews up the cpu in the process.

We all have our own comfort zones.

Note that global option can be added to the products as a link and can be copied to the list of product options for the product. In the second case the mentioned solution will not work

If it's not done as a link then it's not really global any longer. It just became a template of the option to be edited within the product options area.

If it's not done as a link then it's not really global any longer. It just became a template of the option to be edited within the product options area.

Many customer still consider such options as global. Therefore we added this notice