Search by Product Code

How can you search by product code? When I enter in a product code I get no results. I would think that would be standard.

Anyone have the answer?

Thanks.

In the demo Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days hit on the magnifying glass next to search. In the nex page on the right hit OPEN and you will see the search by code feature, i know it sucks, i hope they fix this in the upcoming version

Yes, this is the only modification I make to fn.catalog.php in the core directory. Keep a record of any changes to files in the core directory, because CS-Cart updates will overwrite them and you will have to re-do them after an update.

In core/fn.catalog.php, line 6078 you'll find the “Search string condition for SQL query”.

I changed it according to this KB article:

[url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

It's an easy change that you can include.

Thanks. That does suck. regular user won't know to do that (I didn't). I just copied all product codes into the description search words field. that seemed like an easy solution.

For quite some time we've just put the product code in the “Search words:” field too. We don't even think about it now. It does seem strange that it would not search this naturally.