Root level categories as plain text

Hello,

Is there a way to show the only root level categories as plain text (not links)?

Subcategories will stay linkable of course.

Thanks

nobody???

Hello sok777,

As far as I understand, you are talking about the “Categories” block. In this case I suggest that you should select the “Manually” option in the “Filling” drop-down menu when creating a block with categories in the administration panel and then add necessary categories to this block manually.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Thanks Pavel

This is not exactly that I need. I tried to do it manual way, but anyway all root categories stay as links. And I need root level categories to be shown but NOT to be links.

Please see attached picture for detailes. (as you can see, the root level categories in bold ARE NOT LINKS)

How can I do it.

thanks in advance

Root categories.JPG

Hello sok777,

Some code modifications are required to implement this feature. We would be happy to assist you in this matter within our technical support service. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk if you have support credits or an active support period.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

Hello Pavel,

I sent you quote request via request form for this and several more features couple of days ago, still waiting for your answer with detailed quotation.

Thanks

Hello sok777,

Unfortunately, our workload is too intense at the moment. We will reply to your request at the first opportunity. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team

If somebody need the same type of menu style here is the solution:

1. In admin, go to design > blocks > categories > edit Change Filling and Type to Plain style

2. Open

skins/your skin/customer/views/categories/components/categories_tree.tpl

and change

• {$category.category}

• to

• {$category.category}

• 3. If you use sitemap for your site then go to

views/sitemap/components/categories_tree.tpl

find

• {$category.category}

• and change to

• {$category.category}

• There is paid module for this as well, costs 30$, but I believe it is a bit much for changing to lines....

That is it.