RIP Secure Cart Hosting

[quote name=‘KBM’]?? I don’t care if they are resellers or the primary hosting company Host Gator is still the best hosting company i’ve experienced to date. :p[/QUOTE]

+1 . Damn good service.

I was with Secure Cart Hosting (RIP) and just switched to HostGator. Was braced for hours and hours of bugs, trouble shooting, tickets, etc. but was pleasantly surprised. They did the transfer overnight, I switched the nameservers and we were up and running in minutes - couldn’t believe it. The only “hitch” was installing a new SSL cert which they did (I didn’t know I had to fill out form when signing up for new service - once that was done they were right on it).

They did everything (for free) - All I did was make a backup of the old site before flipping. Also had to manually enter some orders into the new site that came into the old site during the transition. They even copied over the email acct forwarders.

The new site is noticeably faster and cheaper! After researching VPS’s I went with shared server and works fine.

CS-Cart 2.1.1

[quote name=‘KBM’]?? I don’t care if they are resellers or the primary hosting company Host Gator is still the best hosting company i’ve experienced to date. :p[/quote]

HostGator is a good company, and HostGator is not a reseller of softlayer, they just use softlayer’s servers to run their business, which happens to be selling web hosting and run VPS’s for their clients. Big difference. Softlayer doesn’t offer webhosting or VPS, they only do top end server stuff, and softlayer is also a top notch excellent company, been a customer with them since 2 weeks after they opened many many years ago.

So much good words about HG. :) Proud HG user here too… Been with them since start…