RIP Secure Cart Hosting

As many of you might know Secure Cart Hosting is dead. We all have 30 days to find a new hosting partner. I am leaning towards martfox.com, but am a bit concerned since it seems to be a UK company. Anyone have experience with their customer service or performance? How easy can they make the transfer? Any other hosting recommendations?

Sincerely,

Joseph

I am currently migrating a large portion of SCH clientele to ServInt under the Enterprise VPS plan. Thus far I haven’t had any complaints from the migration. Depends on your geographical location of course.

I could be wrong but I believe that Martfox has US VPS’s available.

J.

I just moved to servINT and have been very happy. I had some major file corruption when I transferred my site and they fixed it for me. I like that they are available 24/7. This is really important to me because I’m about 6 hours behind the East Coast.

Was it easy moving to Servint? I only ask because the other hosting offers to transfer over your stuff. I really do not want down time. What exactly is involved?

i’m a +1 for Martfox, ALWAYS helpful and they have a team that know their stuff with CS-Cart which sometimes can be a lifesaver…Definately recommended.

[quote name=‘moka’]I just moved to servINT and have been very happy. I had some major file corruption when I transferred my site and they fixed it for me. I like that they are available 24/7. This is really important to me because I’m about 6 hours behind the East Coast.[/QUOTE]

I’ve had nothing but trouble with file corruption on large accounts from the Zeus server, especially with archives > 1 GB. Did you have the same issue with backs disappearing from your accounts?

Martfox.com has US and UK based servers (shared or VPS). The site / account transfer takes usually a few hours (cPanel access required) and is free of charge. If you don’t use cPanel you will have to make backups of your files and databases, they will be uploaded to your new server and restored.

I can also recommend Futurehosting. Good prices, both UK and US servers, 24/7 support, and they moved my site without downtime in about 20 minutes.

[quote name=‘Joseph GD’]Was it easy moving to Servint? I only ask because the other hosting offers to transfer over your stuff. I really do not want down time. What exactly is involved?[/QUOTE]

They moved for me. It was really easy

I would recommend Martfox, i have VPS and semi vps.

Good CS Cart knoweledge too.

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]I would recommend Martfox, i have VPS and semi vps.

Good CS Cart knoweledge too.

John[/QUOTE]

john what are the prices in us currency for the vps and is vps managed platform ?

They do managed and unmanaged and prices are here

www.martfox.com different prices for different packages.

John

I can offer you Windows solutions in the UK. Ive been doing it 15 years and in IT for a bit longer :wink:

Contact direct - martin dot james at theitepeople.co.uk

lawnmowertech,

I don’t want to rain in the parade, but I’m in california and used martfox for hosting my page. Load was slow and there were some hours that my site didn’t even load. I couldn’t even open my admin. And you have to wait hours for a reply on support ticket, just to ear that “the servers are working fine”…

I don’t have the tech knowledge to evaluate Martfox USA servers But in my experience it is really slow. I moved back to hostgator business and is just a big difference, night and day.

There is nothing compared to have available support in less than a minute like the chat system and the follow up ticket system of Hostgator.

If your page is not ultra wired in features and filters, and you have less than 200 visitors a day, then use hostgator shared business package or similar service from other well know host in the USA.

[quote name=‘colortone’]lawnmowertech,

I don’t want to rain in the parade, but I’m in california and used martfox for hosting my page. Load was slow and there were some hours that my site didn’t even load. I couldn’t even open my admin. And you have to wait hours for a reply on support ticket, just to ear that “the servers are working fine”…

I don’t have the tech knowledge to evaluate Martfox USA servers But in my experience it is really slow. I moved back to hostgator business and is just a big difference, night and day.

There is nothing compared to have available support in less than a minute like the chat system and the follow up ticket system of Hostgator.

If your page is not ultra wired in features and filters, and you have less than 200 visitors a day, then use hostgator shared business package or similar service from other well know host in the USA.[/QUOTE]

I love Host Gator! It’s the best out of three hosting companies I’ve ever used. Fast, Quick, and Cheap a uncommon combination. I know it’s mainstream, but sometimes mainstream isn’t a bad thing.

[quote name=‘KBM’]I love Host Gator! It’s the best out of three hosting companies I’ve ever used. Fast, Quick, and Cheap a uncommon combination. I know it’s mainstream, but sometimes mainstream isn’t a bad thing.[/quote]

FYI hostgator.com is just a reseller of the main company http://www.softlayer.com

I need to know is A2 a good choice i notice they are usa located and they answer there phone in no time kind of pricey but 800 gb traffic with two ip addys is not bad

there support is 24 hr so for a managed vps to where i do not have to worry about manage it myself 50 a month is not bad but wont start till september

first 3 months is half price

[quote name=‘colortone’]lawnmowertech,

If your page is not ultra wired in features and filters, and you have less than 200 visitors a day, then use hostgator shared business package or similar service from other well know host in the USA.[/QUOTE]

I excede the 200 visitors a day its more like the lowest was around 845 or so one day this month on the 2nd i had 1220 visitors and 21 robots big huge increase since the winter months i happen to have a big market of demand on items so i expect the numbers to double later on

I’ve been using http://www.merchanthosting.net now for a little while and I think they are great. They seem to know their stuff with cs-cart. When I have problems with cs-cart they always seem to have the right answers. I used cs-cart with them for a while and I host over 100,000 products with daily visitors ranging from around 10,000+ m/ and they seem to be able to handle my sites well. Never seem bogged down or slow…

[quote name=‘Triplets’]FYI hostgator.com is just a reseller of the main company http://www.softlayer.com[/QUOTE]

?? I don’t care if they are resellers or the primary hosting company Host Gator is still the best hosting company i’ve experienced to date. :stuck_out_tongue: