Rewards points x Fidelity points

Hello Everybody,

This weekend I get to work to adjust Cs-cart store (version 2.0.12 yet). For this a lot of threads starting by me.

Well… let’s to the doubts:

1. I have already read some posts about this theme like:

For me, this is a good thread: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16127&highlight=points[/url]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15964&highlight=points[/url]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15598&highlight=points[/url]

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15609&highlight=points[/url]

THE BEST OF ALL THREADS about this theme:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=11678[/url]

2. I tryed to find something in docs.cs-cart… but I haven’t found it.

It has something about old version in kb…

----------

---------

MY INTEREST:

FIRST OF ALL:

ADMINISTRATION (tab) > Addon > Reward points to find something about points that clients will receive when they buy from our company.

In my case I have adjust to each $1 spent, costumer will earn 10 points.

THE SECOND PART:

1 point will value how much __$ when he want to buy a product using his credit?

In my case, I want that 10 points (costumer spent $1) will value $0.03 (3% of the total paid).

And I have another problem:

For example, when a costumer buys $1000, he will have 10,000 points = $30 (3%) to buy anything he wants, but the final price of his NEW buy will need to be, at least $90,00 (3 times the points value). Is possible to configure this?

[QUOTE]You are misunderstanding this a bit.

The customer is awarded points at the 5% rate. So, in the example you cited, if the product cost $100, the customer receives 5 points.

You still set the PER as you wish. Let’s say your PER is 100 so a product that costs $5 will cost 500 points. Based on the previous transaction, the customer can apply his 5 points (which amount to 5 cents at the PER of 100) and then his balance would be $4.95.

You set the PER globally but can override is at both the catalog or product level so you have quite a bit of flexibility in terms of the reward value.

Bob[/QUOTE]

If I am not wrong… ONE THING is the POINTS the costumer will receive and the other is HOW MUCH this points will value and what kind of products will be bought by these points he had in his account.

Using the example of a $1,000 shop… . he earned 10,000 points ($ 30.00).

WILL I NEED TO CONFIGURE PRODUCT BY PRODUCT or I can do it for ALL PRODUCTS ONE TIME?

Let’s see the steps:

REWARD POINTS ADDON

Administration > Addons > Reward points

I desactivate the Reward Points tab… and the product has this image:

After that I activate addon again, so… the product image was this:

Step 3:

Catalog > Reward Points (appear after the Addon is activated)

There you can setup how many points each kind of user will earn by product.

If you want, one kind of special user can earn something more. For example:

All: 0

Special member: 10

I insert 10 in ALL USERS to make a test.

After that, the product has a new point inscription called “Fidelity points” like you can see here:

So, I could imagine that this feature was created to make ALL users try to be a SPECIAL USER to get a litle advantage.

If I am not wrong, you can configure it by product like here in this image:

[url]http://companhiadanutricao.com.br/cscartforum/step5.jpg[/url] (It is in Attachment, too)

UFA… FINISHING:

REWARD POINTS

Using the example of a $1,000 shop… . he earned 10,000 points ($ 30.00).

WHERE WILL I NEED TO CONFIGURE TO 10,000 POINTS = $30.00 ?

WILL I NEED TO CONFIGURE PRODUCT BY PRODUCT or I can do it for ALL PRODUCTS ONE TIME?

FIDELITY POINTS

Is this use for a fidelity costumer get a better offer (maybe points) than a NEW USER?

Is there a better way to use it?

step5.jpg

In Administration->Addons, click the ‘edit’ link for the Reward Points addon. Change the “Points Exchange Rate” to 333.33 and then save. This amount will be used to calculate the “Price in points” for each product unless you override it in “Reward Points” tab for a specific product - you do not ned to set it for each product.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]In Administration->Addons, click the ‘edit’ link for the Reward Points addon. Change the “Points Exchange Rate” to 333.33 and then save.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

Thanks one more time for the help.

I am sorry, but I haven’t understood how this can change something to the costumer.

I made what you said… and Now we see:

Before, a product that cost R$ 97,00, the costumer earn 970 points.

Now… it earn 32333 what is a very difficult thing to understand.

Is there a way to configure that

$1,00 = 10 points = 0,03

I will describe something like this to the costumer:

“When you buy with us you will receive for each $1,00 spent 10 points that can be used to buy new products in the future”

I think I will need to configure EACH product to be bought for the costumers. For example:

1 Book that cost: $ 100,00 will cost

0,03$ = 10 points

100$ = X

X = 33,333 points

1 Book that cost: $ 100,00 will cost 33,333 points.

If I am not wrong… I will need to insert for each product how many points each one will cost.

To earn 33,333 points = $ 3,333 shopping.

Is this correct?

Thank you!

[quote name=‘dragondf’]If I am not wrong… I will need to insert for each product how many points each one will cost.

[/QUOTE]

You can set the PER globally in the Reward Points addon options - there is no need to set them on the product unless a product uses a different exchange rate. Set it up as shown in the following pic substituting ‘333.33333’ for ‘100’ in the ‘Points Exchange Rate’:

[url]http://idisk.mac.com/jobosales/Public/reward_points_settings.png[/url]

You should then have two lines in the product data block in the storefront. The first will be the “Price in points” ($32, 333.33). The second line would be the reward points earned which is specified in Catalog->Reward points (this can be overridden on the category and product level). It appears that you have this set to 1000% ($97 product cost yields 970 reward points). Do the following math and you will see you have an effective rate of .03: 970/32333.33=.030000003. This number will rarely hit .03 exactly as their will be rounding errors due to the two separate calculations but it does get you what you are after. You just need to adjust the PER to get the rate as to what you want as possible

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You can set the PER globally in the Reward Points addon options - there is no need to set them on the product unless a product uses a different exchange rate. Set it up as shown in the following pic substituting ‘333.33333’ for ‘100’ in the ‘Points Exchange Rate’:

[url]http://idisk.mac.com/jobosales/Public/reward_points_settings.png[/url]

You should then have two lines in the product data block in the storefront. The first will be the “Price in points” ($32, 333.33). The second line would be the reward points earned which is specified in Catalog->Reward points (this can be overridden on the category and product level). It appears that you have this set to 1000% ($97 product cost yields 970 reward points). Do the following math and you will see you have an effective rate of .03: 970/32333.33=.030000003. This number will rarely hit .03 exactly as their will be rounding errors due to the two separate calculations but it does get you what you are after. You just need to adjust the PER to get the rate as to what you want as possible

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

First of all: thanks for all your answers today. They help me a lot.

Second: SORRY to say that… but I think what I want and what you are explaining are different things (or I am not understanding…).

The Strategy of how many points a costumer will receive NEED to be easy to understand to the client. We can not make difficult maths. At least I think like this.

I am using exactly what my BIG concorrent does = $ 1.00 = 10 points.

So…

I need to configure my system like:

$1,00 = 10 points = 0,03 to buy something in the future

ADDON:

Addon > Reward points

I think the correct number for me is “10”, exactly.

So, each $1 spent = 10 points.

I think my PROBLEM is to know if there is a way to configure ALL PRODUCTS in ONCE to get a value in Points like I show above.

For example:

Book

Price: 100.00

or 33,300 points

Book2

Price: 10.00

or 3,330 points

Pencil

Price: 1.00

or 333 points

SO, PRICE IN POINTS IS “PRICE X 333”

To get 333 points I need to buy a product that cost $33,30

How can I configure it for all products? Like an Global option?

Tks!

If you set the points awarded to 10 ‘Absolute’, your customer will get 10 points whether an item costs $0.01 or $1,000,000. If you want to award the equivalent of 10 points for every dollar spent, you need to set points awarded to 1000 percent (100 percent equals 1 point for each dollar spent). It will award points on fractional units (i.e., it will award 14 points for a purchase of $1.40). You could still explain your loyalty program as “10 points for every dollar spent - if they spend $1, they get 10 points and if they spend $2, they get 20 points. I doubt that anyone is going to complain that they got extra points for the fractional amount. If you want the points awarded on only the integer value of the sale, then I suggest you contact CS-Cart to have this customized. The points specified in Catalog->Reward points are used unless your override them in the category or product by checking “Override global/category point value for this product”.

If you want the “price in points” displayed in the storefront calculated automatically, make sure you have ““Price in points” is calculated automatically on PER basis” checked in the Addons->Reward points (also check “Price in points” is recalculated taking into account discounts” if you want the points adjusted for discounts). As I have said, the PER specified in Addons->Reward points is applied to all products unless you override it in the product by checking “Override global PER” and entering the price in points. This requires no math for your customer as the “Price in points” is what it is - a price which is displayed in the storefront.

Based on what you have said, your PER should be 333.33333. This results in every dollar (or fraction thereof) to be worth 3% in reward points. Again, using your example, a product which costs $97:

Points awarded: $97 * 1000% = 970 points
Price in points: $97 * 333.3333 = 32333 points
Value of each point: 970 points/32333 price in points = .03

If you want some other value, adjust the PER in Addons->Reward points accordingly. Try these values and see if they work for you.

If you want it to work differently than this, you will likely need some customization of the cart.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]If you set the points awarded to 10 ‘Absolute’, your customer will get 10 points whether an item costs $0.01 or $1,000,000. If you want to award the equivalent of 10 points for every dollar spent, you need to set points awarded to 1000 percent (100 percent equals 1 point for each dollar spent). It will award points on fractional units (i.e., it will award 14 points for a purchase of $1.40). You could still explain your loyalty program as “10 points for every dollar spent - if they spend $1, they get 10 points and if they spend $2, they get 20 points. I doubt that anyone is going to complain that they got extra points for the fractional amount. If you want the points awarded on only the integer value of the sale, then I suggest you contact CS-Cart to have this customized. The points specified in Catalog->Reward points are used unless your override them in the category or product by checking “Override global/category point value for this product”.

If you want the “price in points” displayed in the storefront calculated automatically, make sure you have ““Price in points” is calculated automatically on PER basis” checked in the Addons->Reward points (also check “Price in points” is recalculated taking into account discounts” if you want the points adjusted for discounts). As I have said, the PER specified in Addons->Reward points is applied to all products unless you override it in the product by checking “Override global PER” and entering the price in points. This requires no math for your customer as the “Price in points” is what it is - a price which is displayed in the storefront.

Based on what you have said, your PER should be 333.33333. This results in every dollar (or fraction thereof) to be worth 3% in reward points. Again, using your example, a product which costs $97:

Points awarded: $97 * 1000% = 970 points
Price in points: $97 * 333.3333 = 32333 points
Value of each point: 970 points/32333 price in points = .03

If you want some other value, adjust the PER in Addons->Reward points accordingly. Try these values and see if they work for you.

If you want it to work differently than this, you will likely need some customization of the cart.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Hello Bob,

Now I believe is everything working fine.

I was inverting each feature. I thought that Addon > Reward points were created to give the costumer some points when he bought a product. And It is not this.

This is what Catalog > Reward Points does.

You can see here in the image what I would like to do since I started this thread.

[QUOTE]If you want the “price in points” displayed in the storefront calculated automatically, make sure you have ““Price in points” is calculated automatically on PER basis” checked in the Addons->Reward points (also check “Price in points” is recalculated taking into account discounts" if you want the points adjusted for discounts).[/QUOTE]

I don’t know yet, but I think is not good to insert in the front end the PRICE IN POINTS of the product. Because it is so big and the client will think: " I will never buy this product by points" (maybe I am wrong… but I have never seen this working in any other place).

Thanks for you patience.

NOW, I only need to make the FREE SHIPPING FLAG work using Brandon tutorial.

Thanks for your help.

[quote name=‘dragondf’]I don’t know yet, but I think is not good to insert in the front end the PRICE IN POINTS of the product. Because it is so big and the client will think: " I will never buy this product by points" (maybe I am wrong… but I have never seen this working in any other place).[/QUOTE]

If you would prefer that the ‘price in points’ is not displayed in the storefront, you can comment out the code that displays it. I think what you want is in /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/addons/reward_points/views/products/components/product_representation.tpl:

{if $product.points_info.price}

{$product.points_info.price} {$lang.points_lower}

{/if}

Bob

Hello Bob,

What is the problem if I only uncheck this check box ?

Because I uncheck it and the PRICE IN POINTS is not displayed any more.

Did I do something wrong?

[quote name=‘dragondf’]Because I uncheck it and the PRICE IN POINTS is not displayed any more.

Did I do something wrong?[/QUOTE]

Nothing wrong and that will remove the ‘price in point’ from the storefront. However, how do you plan to have your customers redeem their points? If you uncheck that setting, they won’t be able to. You will also be unable to apply points in the admin area.

This will work if you plan to have your customers call to redeem points for a gift certificate, however, you will have to do all the bookkeeping manually.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Nothing wrong and that will remove the ‘price in point’ from the storefront. However, how do you plan to have your customers redeem their points? If you uncheck that setting, they won’t be able to. You will also be unable to apply points in the admin area.

This will work if you plan to have your customers call to redeem points for a gift certificate, however, you will have to do all the bookkeeping manually.

Bob[/QUOTE]

hum…

work manually will not be good.

:frowning:

Thanks again for your explanation.

[quote name=‘dragondf’]

work manually will not be good.

[/QUOTE]

I was not very clear. When I say that you will need to track the reward points manually, I meant that you will need to manually adjust the reward points (in Users->Customers) - there will be no place for the customer or admin to apply accumulated points to an order. The system will still accumulate points properly but you would need to subtract points if, for instance, you issued a gift certificate.

Bob