Reward points not working correctly

I have reward points i give for each $ 1.00 purchase price on products but i cannot figure out how to get this working correctly

The issue i have is some items only show 1 point even if it is worth 20 or so on how do i get this to work 1 point = $ 1.00 10 points = $ 10.00

and so on

also how to get it to add automatically to the customers acct after complete order.

any help will be appreciated thank you in advance

Calvin-

Are you saying that you want the price in reward points to be the same as the price (e.g, an item with an $18 price would have a ‘Price in points’ of 18)? If so, in Administration->Addons change the ‘Points Exchange Rate’ to 1.

If, instead, you mean that you want to give 1 point for each dollar spent, in Catalog->Reward points, set amount to ‘100’ and amount type to "percent’. If you are getting inconsistent reward points, check to see if you have overrides set on individual products or categories - you will find this information on the reward points tab in products and categories.

The reward points are not added to the customer’s account until you change the order status to ‘Completed’.

Im not getting reward points added to each order after I change the order status to ‘Completed’.

I have set it up in Admin, addons, reward points set to 20 , do I need to do something else??

I also have Catalog, Reward point set to 5%

[quote name=‘vanishing rabbit’]Im not getting reward points added to each order after I change the order status to ‘Completed’.[/QUOTE]

I am guessing you mean that the reward points from the order are not being added to the customer account. Can you confirm that your order indicates that points were earned on that order? The points should be displayed in the subtotals area.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I am guessing you mean that the reward points from the order are not being added to the customer account. Can you confirm that your order indicates that points were earned on that order? The points should be displayed in the subtotals area.

Bob[/QUOTE]

bob im having this issue myself

not adding to the customer acct automatically

[quote name=‘lawnmowertech’]bob im having this issue myself

not adding to the customer acct automatically[/QUOTE]

Have you confirmed that the that there were reward points on the order? The reward points shown in the subtotal area are added to the customer account when I change the order status to ‘Completed’ on 2.0.12.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Have you confirmed that the that there were reward points on the order? The reward points shown in the subtotal area are added to the customer account when I change the order status to ‘Completed’ on 2.0.12.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Mine is 2.0.8 and I have to manually add the reward points to each order even though it gets changed to complete. Is this normal?

[quote name=‘vanishing rabbit’]Mine is 2.0.8 and I have to manually add the reward points to each order even though it gets changed to complete. Is this normal?[/QUOTE]

I am still unclear. Do you see the points awarded on the individual orders but then not transferred to the customer account when the order is complete? Or are the reward points not being accrued on the order (check the subtotal area to confirm the points are awarded)?

I am not sure if this is your problem but I did find the following fix (fixed in 2.0.10) in the Bug Tracker:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1342[/url]

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]I am still unclear. Do you see the points awarded on the individual orders but then not transferred to the customer account when the order is complete? Or are the reward points not being accrued on the order (check the subtotal area to confirm the points are awarded)?

I am not sure if this is your problem but I did find the following fix (fixed in 2.0.10) in the Bug Tracker:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/vbugs.php?do=view&vbug_id=1342[/url]

Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob, I see the points awarded on the individual orders but then not transferred to the customer account when the order is complete. Any fixes for this

Brent-

I’m not sure what the problem could be. For me in 2.0.14, the points shown on the order are always transferred to the user’s account when the order status is changed to ‘Completed’.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]Brent-

I’m not sure what the problem could be. For me in 2.0.14, the points shown on the order are always transferred to the user’s account when the order status is changed to ‘Completed’.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob, Thought you might find this interesting…This is from the help desk

We have investigated the problem and discovered that it occurs because the “Status” option has the “I” value for the “Order is Completed” order status in your CS-Cart admin panel. In the default CS-Cart installation this option has the “C” value for the “Completed” order status. The “Status” option has the “C” value for the “Cancelled” order status in your CS-Cart admin panel. In the default CS-Cart installation this option has the “I” value for the “Cancelled” order status.

The following part of code in the “func.php” file located in the “addons/reward_points” directory is in charge of adding reward points to a customer account:

if ($status_to == ‘C’ && $points_info[‘is_gain’] == ‘N’ && !empty($points_info[‘reward’])) {

// increase rewarded points

$log_id = fn_change_user_points($points_info[‘reward’], $order_info[‘user_id’], serialize($reason), $action);

$order_data = array(

‘order_id’ => $order_info[‘order_id’],

‘type’ => ORDER_DATA_POINTS_GAIN,

‘data’ => ‘Y’

);

db_query(“REPLACE INTO ?:order_data ?e”, $order_data);

}

Reward points are added to a user account when a customer order gets the order status for which the “Status” option has the “C” value. In your case it is the “Cancelled” order status. To resolve the problem we recommend you to rename the “Cancelled” order status and give it the “Order is Completed” name and vice versa, because this confusion may cause some other problems.

That makes sense - throughout the cart the code looks at the status codes, not the status descriptions. In general, it is okay to change the status descriptions to something more meaningful to you (e.g., substituting “Shipped” for “Completed”) but you cannot substitute one pre-defined status code for another.

Bob