Required Profile Fields Not Mandatory On Customer Registration

Hi, we have defined required profile fields for example country and other address details in both profile and checkout. However, when we ask customers to register, it seems they can do so without populating these fields, which means an order cannot be created from admin side which requires these fields.

This behaviour seems illogical and when I try to edit the customer details in admin, I am forced to complete them, but customer obviously isn’t during registration.

:confused:

[quote name=‘japanexp’ timestamp=‘1417517435’ post=‘198532’]

Hi, we have defined required profile fields for example country and other address details in both profile and checkout. However, when we ask customers to register, it seems they can do so without populating these fields, which means an order cannot be created from admin side which requires these fields.

This behaviour seems illogical and when I try to edit the customer details in admin, I am forced to complete them, but customer obviously isn’t during registration.

:confused:

[/quote]

Please note that the required fields for customer registration has separate setting:

Clip2Net — screen capture tool for Windows, Android, iPad, Mac, Linux

Looks like your fields are required for checkout, bit not for profile pages

Thanks, unless I totally misunderstand something I believe I have all of them checked in Profile as well as in Checkout.

I also have to add that I have had occasional checkouts without these fields populated…