Required Options Feature

I am disappointed to see required options did not make it into the new version. Or did I miss seeing it?

This is a feature that most of CS-Cart main competitors already have and is a mandatory feature for a lot of e-commerce sites.

:frowning:

[quote name=ā€˜Tripletsā€™]I am disappointed to see required options did not make it into the new version. Or did I miss seeing it?

This is a feature that most of CS-Cart main competitors already have and is a mandatory feature for a lot of e-commerce sites.

:([/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I do not quite understand what feature you mean. Could you please clarify it?

And let me assure you that I will give it serious consideration.

isergi

i think triplets is referring to this thread

[URL=ā€œhttp://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=8769ā€]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=8769[/URL]

I am referring to the ability to set an option (checkbox, text field, radio group, etc) as required or not. Most of my clients sell products that have dozens of options and some are required and some are optional to be filled out. For example, engraving might be an option and if chosen then filling in the engraving text is required. Or if purchasing an address label, the name and address are required options.

I have modified 1.3.5 to do this using javascript, but doing it in PHP is a better solution. See [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=8769[/url] and even [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=8803[/url]

I would also like the ability to add a descriptive paragraph (or a link) with an an option.

David

I highly agree that it should be required for an option to be manually selected (as in there is no ā€œdefault optionā€) before a product can be added to the cart! By forcing a customer to choose an option greatly reduces the chance of error simply because it forces them to consciously focus on the details of the item they are purchasing! Nearly every product we offer has options of which are critical that the customer chooses correctly. Out of all of the thought put into CS-Cart, I am totally surprised to see this highly important detail overlooked!

This is meant to be constructive criticism, so CS-Cart developers, PLEASE do not minimize the importance of making options as required choices, as in ā€œMust Chooseā€ ! :confused:

That would be fabulous if that was a option to make it required or not required.

Hello,

CS-Cart needs the required option functionality for both dropdowns and text fields/areas.

They also need a maxlength/max row specification for text fields and text areas.

I paid cs-cart for a mod to do this specifically for sp4, and now would have to pay again if I decide to use the next version. I hope these functions can be included as core functionality in cs-cart 2.0.

Bob

I am not sure if triplets refer to a solution to this problem but Iā€™ll write here what it is going on in my store lately:

I have had today 5 orders from a customer who signed up as FFFFF, adress HHHHH, phone number: hhhhjjkkkkk (not even numbers) email: jhjshsdhsdhdj. And so on and so forth. I have blocked his/her ip but it wonā€™t do much. It is driving me nuts!

I have seen in other site forms a prompt message when the user does not fill in correctly the fields, can this be done in cs-cart forms?

[quote name=ā€˜mirnitaglā€™]I am not sure if triplets refer to a solution to this problem but Iā€™ll write here what it is going on in my store lately:

I have had today 5 orders from a customer who signed up as FFFFF, adress HHHHH, phone number: hhhhjjkkkkk (not even numbers) email: jhjshsdhsdhdj. And so on and so forth. I have blocked his/her ip but it wonā€™t do much. It is driving me nuts!

I have seen in other site forms a prompt message when the user does not fill in correctly the fields, can this be done in cs-cart forms?[/QUOTE]

Can not!!! So everyone, if you feel this is a must feature, please post in this thread.

Iā€™m sure this is a very easy mod to be done.

yep, definately need this simple option.

my very first cart didnt force customers to choose and the number of items i had returned because of the wrong size was VERY high.

This goes in the neg column as far as evaluating cs goes iā€™m afraid.

This is ā€œalmostā€ a super packageā€¦ :slight_smile:

Nige

Could benefit from this. :roll:

Especially the Required options featureā€¦

really, there must be a way to limit or filter some options.

to name simple things: the format of phone numbers (not accepting letters where a phone number should be placed) In my country the phone numbers have 9 digits.

to stop people from writing things like gggggg as a name, for example.

to limit the zip code (in my country itā€™d be only 5 numbers, no letters)

Please, help over here!!!

Totally agreed!:wink: