Removing Menu Bar Colour Gradient

Does anyone know how I can remove the Menu Bar Colour Gradient (see attached image)?

As its realling bugging me and I only want the one fixed colour.

Thanks

Bart

Snap1.jpg

What version of CS-Cart?

If CS-Cart 4, Use Themes → Customize Theme

Add the following to the Custom CSS area and Save. (#000 is black, set it to any other web safe hex)

.dropdown-multicolumns {
background:#000!important;
}

Thanks requincreative,

After my initial stuff up that worked great completly removing the gradient. However I currently get two black lines either side of my menu bar. Any idea whats causing them and how I can remove them?

Bart :mrgreen:

Snap11.jpg

Try adding this to Custom CSS (carefully)

ul.dropdown-multicolumns {
border: none!important;
}

If you download Google Chrome you can use right-click “Inspect Element” on the menu bar to browse css associated with it. You can double click on an element in the Styles tab and edit it to preview how the change will impact your website before you actually edit the style element in the theme designer.

Thanks requincreative,

For the code and the heads up. Managed to not stuff it up this time.

Bart :mrgreen:

You can choose the amount of gradient applied in scheme.less at around line 203. This is what mine looks like

.dropdown-multicolumns, .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-titlebar, .sidebox-important-wrapper .sidebox-title, .step-title-active span.float-left, .notification-content-extended h1, .cm-paging-dots a.active i, .cm-paging-dots a.active:hover i {

.gradient (@menu, darken(@menu, 6%)); /* RT changed. Was 16%. adjusts gradient in top menu */

[quote name='robertparacay' timestamp='1385503202' post='172428']

You can choose the amount of gradient applied in scheme.less at around line 203. This is what mine looks like

.dropdown-multicolumns, .ui-dialog .ui-dialog-titlebar, .sidebox-important-wrapper .sidebox-title, .step-title-active span.float-left, .notification-content-extended h1, .cm-paging-dots a.active i, .cm-paging-dots a.active:hover i {

.gradient (@menu, darken(@menu, 6%)); /* RT changed. Was 16%. adjusts gradient in top menu */

[/quote]

This should be done using a .less file using my_addons to avoid the changes being overwritten by a CS-Cart upgrade. You use the same techniques for creating a custom .css using my_addons (this has been covered multiple times on the forum, and documented in the docs which are quite poor) - instead you use myscheme.less instead of mystyles.css.

ah, good tip, thanks