Remove Customers Password In Registration Email.

How can we remove or ************ out the password on the email that is sent when a customer registers.??

Oh wow, I didn't realize CS was doing this.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1407592599' post='189133']

Oh wow, I didn't realize CS was doing this.

[/quote]

Big issue for us… Need a quick fix… Found some info on fixing older version but cannot figure it out for 4.x

Try commenting out the table row for the password in one of these templates:

\design\backend\mail\templates\profiles\profiles_info.tpl

\design\themes\responsive\mail\templates\profiles\profiles_info.tpl

Each of these templates include an IF clause for “$send_password” == “Y”, but there is no corresponding setting in the backend Settings for an option to send the password or not. Maybe we will have the option in a future release? Also, I am not looking at 4.2.1 yet.

CS-Cart should really fix this. The topic been discussed in other threads on the forum. Sending passwords like this is illegal in several countries.

[quote name='Onkel_Sid' timestamp='1407623864' post='189143']

CS-Cart should really fix this. The topic been discussed in other threads on the forum. Sending passwords like this is illegal in several countries.

[/quote]

Agreed…

There is the update_user_pre hook in the fn_update_user function. You can use it to set the value of the send_password parameter to false.

I still can't seem to remove the password in the registration email. Editing the profiles_info.tpl worked in the past with the older version, but doesn't seem to work with the new upgrade (4.21). The send_password parameter is already set to false as well. Please please help as I'm getting complaints.

Customers often use the same password for multiple sites and are shocked when they receive their password by unencrypted email to their email account.

It would be very good if CS-Cart fix this issue.

[quote name='phoenix13578' timestamp='1408918144' post='190521']

I still can't seem to remove the password in the registration email. Editing the profiles_info.tpl worked in the past with the older version, but doesn't seem to work with the new upgrade (4.21). The send_password parameter is already set to false as well. Please please help as I'm getting complaints.

[/quote]

Open the design/themes/THEME/mail/templates/profiles/profile_info.tpl file and remove the following code:

{if $password}

{__("password")}: 
{$password}

{/if}

Thanks

Reported here:

http://forum.cs-cart.com/tracker/issue-5208-cs-carts-send-unencrypted-password-to-customer/

+1 to this!