Related Products Not Showing On Product Details Page

Hi,

We have been following the guide on the link below to add a "related products" section to the product details page so we can link some products within the same Range together

https://docs.cs-cart.com/latest/user_guide/look_and_feel/layouts/blocks/related_products.html

We've completed this step by step but seem to have a problem with the display of the data.

The block has been added to the main layout inside Design > Layouts > Product, and set to manual fill.

Content in here is empty.

We've then edited the products, gone to Layout tab, clicked edit on the "Related Products" block and added product specific content.

This seems to have saved fine - but the content doesn't show to the user.

However, as a test if we add the content to the site layout (i.e. not product specific) it shows the listed products. But we can't use this as the relation will be product specific.

Can anyone shed some light on where we might need to look? Or ideas to try please?

Our guess is that in the template /blocks/products/products.tpl the $items variable is populated with non-product specific block data (object_id = 0) - but I've no clue where I can force it to be product specific.

Thanks in advance.

Craig

Hi, just bumping in the hope someone might be able to help or point me in the right direction.

Short version of above is that our current theme seems to not allow product specific block content.
I wondered if this could just a setting somewhere that needs to be changed? Is that possible?

Many thanks,
Craig

Hi, just bumping in the hope someone might be able to help or point me in the right direction.

Short version of above is that our current theme seems to not allow product specific block content.
I wondered if this could just a setting somewhere that needs to be changed? Is that possible?

Many thanks,
Craig

Hello!

Could you please contact us via Help Desk on this issue, so that we may examine it and try to help you?

Thank you.

We managed to find the resolution to this.
It was an issue with the dispatch setting for the product layout (Design > Layouts)

The layout for the product details page had been set to “products”, it needed to be “products.view” for the products specific blocks to show.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.