related products issue

Is there a way to fill related products by picking products automatically from a specific category? It seems like it is not possible through the admin but I am wondering if somone did it some other way.

I have over 8000 products in my store…it would be insane to manually edit each one of them to add the content for the related products block content…

please let me know

[quote name='cherubrock74' timestamp='1317657449' post='122851']

Is there a way to fill related products by picking products automatically from a specific category? It seems like it is not possible through the admin but I am wondering if somone did it some other way.

I have over 8000 products in my store…it would be insane to manually edit each one of them to add the content for the related products block content…

please let me know

[/quote]

Just wanted to give my post a bump…I haven't received any answer and I edited my question

anyone?

I saw there is an analogous products add on but it really did not solve my problem…you still have to manually edit each product detail page…

I'm having issues with the random products - it displays on home page, displays on products page, but not in category apge!!!

Sometimes displays different products when on product page.

All pages are set as enabled for the block.\

I agree, this related products is needed - similar words, similar keywords, similar tags, etc…

[quote name='UniDevelopers' timestamp='1317858020' post='122991']

I'm having issues with the random products - it displays on home page, displays on products page, but not in category apge!!!

Sometimes displays different products when on product page.

All pages are set as enabled for the block.\

I agree, this related products is needed - similar words, similar keywords, similar tags, etc…

[/quote]

What would be nice would be the possibility to select products from a specific category to appear automatically in a related products block…should we post in the requested features or is this possible?

I disagree, it should be built in anyway. But everything just seems too slow with User Voice… They are more interested in just throwing in quick and easy features, and not MAINTAINING and IMPROVING existing modules/features…

:(

If CS-Cart wants to compete with its competitors, then it needs to implement/update/fix features that are:

• Faulty (e.g. Products (Filling: manually), Only shows products of that page!),
  • Outdated,
  • Don’t even work properly (i.e. display on home page, product page, but not categories!),
  • Non-Existent Features,

It’s pretty poor that so many of the modules (even the Quickbooks addon) just don’t work as they should!

Related Products - Choose how to find related products. (The more you select, the larger your DB will get!)
  • Search which fields for related keywords:
    • Titles,
    • Search Keywords,
    • Descriptions,
    • All Three.

When are their built-in addons going to be better, than all the paid addons you must buy to enhance functionality or to have those addons function correctly!

[quote name=‘UniDevelopers’ timestamp=‘1317880094’ post=‘123001’]

I disagree, it should be built in anyway. But everything just seems too slow with User Voice… They are more interested in just throwing in quick and easy features, and not MAINTAINING and IMPROVING existing modules/features…

:(

If CS-Cart wants to compete with its competitors, then it needs to implement/update/fix features that are:

• Faulty (e.g. Products (Filling: manually), Only shows products of that page!),
  • Outdated,
  • Don’t even work properly (i.e. display on home page, product page, but not categories!),
  • Non-Existent Features,

It’s pretty poor that so many of the modules (even the Quickbooks addon) just don’t work as they should!

Related Products - Choose how to find related products. (The more you select, the larger your DB will get!)
  • Search which fields for related keywords:
    • Titles,
    • Search Keywords,
    • Descriptions,
    • All Three.

When are their built-in addons going to be better, than all the paid addons you must buy to enhance functionality or to have those addons function correctly!

[/quote]

UniDevelopers I understand your frustration for addons that still do not work properly, but the reason for my post is not to critize cs cart but to know if it is possible to add products from a specific category to the related products block instead of having to manually pick them…that is what I would like to know if someone was able to accomplish it somehow. If someone did it please let me know. Thanks

[font=“Verdana”]Why does everyone keep quoting?

You guys are all aware there is a FAST REPLY at the bottom of each page…no…?

@cherubrock74

I wasn't criticising CS-Cart, I was simply mentioning, that filling a Related Products block is a waste of time! I have clients with many thousands of products, and am very very familiar with the problem!

It should be matching OTHER SIMILAR PRODUCTS based on product fields!

e.g.

• Keywords
  • Meta Keywords
  • Tags
  • Titles or Descriptions

Most people using CS-Cart with a large catalogue will understand that filling a block full of “Random Products”, “Related Products”, “Popular Products” just isn't feasible.

So, once again, i'm hoping to find some sort of “Solution” that will allow me to manage fields not available in Export/Import (or basic modifiections of /exim/. files). This would also solve your problem too![/font]