Redis

Anyone who got redis session/backend cache to work (cs 4.2x)?

No. Logs show this:

PHP Fatal error: Class 'Redis' not found in /[local path]/app/Tygh/Backend/Session/Redis.php on line 32

so there seem to be bits missing and the Redis implementation is actually not functional. Or it has an undisclosed dependency that has not been met in my setup.

Of course redis-server is running and waiting, but its log does not show any attempts to connect.

bah… never mind. I got it to work.

there was a dependency, a really simple one. Besides redis-server you also need to install php5-redis and restart apache. Now it all works. I am not testing it for performance as this is on one of our dev. sites so all I can say is that it functions, and that the setup is quick, fast and easy if you have ssh and admin access to the server.

[quote name='vmajor' timestamp='1408096424' post='189643']

bah… never mind. I got it to work.

there was a dependency, a really simple one. Besides redis-server you also need to install php5-redis and restart apache. Now it all works. I am not testing it for performance as this is on one of our dev. sites so all I can say is that it functions, and that the setup is quick, fast and easy if you have ssh and admin access to the server.

[/quote]

Ahh… great, thanx…

Is Redis faster comparing with file or database backend?