Redirect on Admin Login Page

We’re getting a redirect loop when trying at access the admin on one of my clients websites (error is at bottom of message).

It just started yesterday and we have not made any changes to the server except that I did upload an addon two days ago but it didn’t work so I deleted all the files (it was my abandoned cart addon).

For some reason I still get into the admin area on my computer in chrome, but not if I open a new incognito window or try another browser. No one else can get on.

I’ve tried clearing the cache, checking .htaccess file for redirects, deleting the cache file on the server, changing the cache type from file to MySQL, my server techs have verified all the ownership of all the files is correct, repaired the MySQL database and I’ve tried a few other random things I found here on the forums to no avail.

CS-Cart is suppose to be working on fixing an issue with the Product Features but I don’t think they have done anything on that in the last week or so.

I’ve had my server tech trying to figure something out all night but they don’t know CS-Cart so it hasn’t really gone anywhere.

Anyone have any suggestions? We are running Ultimate 3.0.6 and I also have a dev Pro 3.0.4 and numerous other live V2 Pro stores running on this server and nothing is wrong with any of them.

This is the error I get in Chrome:

This webpage has a redirect loop

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]The webpage at https://www.littlefo…/lfnbackend.php has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.[/size][/font][/color]

Here are some suggestions:[list]

[]Reload this webpage later.

[
]Learn more about this problem.

[/list]

[color=#777777][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.[/size][/font][/color]

What changes have your server people made recently, if any?

Did you manually clear the cache (ie. delete /var/cache/ via FTP?)? I would think the ?cc method wouldn't work if you cannot access the admin as it requires authentication to run the cache clearing process.

Check the host settings in config.local.php is set to www.yourdomain.com and not yourdomain.com, as it appears the SSL is set up for www and return the .htaccess to default if need be.

The only thing I can think of that was changed somewhat recently, though it was weeks ago, was we updated cPanel/WHM about 15 days ago, but this didn't start happening until last night.

We are using a GoDaddy UCC Mult-Site SSL and nothing has changed with that and the secure checkout still works (orders are still going through).

For whatever reason I can still access the admin area on my computer in a browser I have had open for a couple weeks, every now and then when the cookie times out I have to log back in, but I get the login screen. It makes no sense to me.

I have tried removing everything from .htaccess file, deleting the physical cache file in the var directory, doing the ?cc from the browser that can still get in and I have verified that all the settings are still correct in the config.local.php

Hi,

1. is the “littlefornow.com” set as an addon domain on your server/account, or is it a separate server account?

2. Try to disable the SEO module and chanage the line in .htaccess to:

ReWriteEngine Off

Let's see what will happen. But it seems the problem is in your .htaccess and some rewrite rule.

[quote name=‘martfox’ timestamp=‘1365312057’ post=‘159523’]

Hi,

1. is the “littlefornow.com” set as an addon domain on your server/account, or is it a separate server account?

2. Try to disable the SEO module and chanage the line in .htaccess to:

ReWriteEngine Off

Let’s see what will happen. But it seems the problem is in your .htaccess and some rewrite rule.

[/quote]

OK I disabled the SEO addon, then turned the rewrite engine off, then I cleared the cache and I still got the same redirect loop on the login page :(

I haven’t changed anything with the .htaccess file in over a week. I also tried removing all the 301 redirects we have setup incase one of them was the issue and again no change.

Little For Now is the main domain/cpanel account that Ultimate is running off of. It is it’s own cPanel account. There are two other store fronts setup as addon domains to this account. Everything was working fine until 2 days ago then this started out of nowhere.

One other thing i am noticing when trying to delete the var/cache folder I get error messages like this most of the time:

Could not change directory to “/www/var/cache/registry/block_content_292_642_html_block_364_473_categories/6”.

Server said: Can't change directory to /www/var/cache/registry/block_content_292_642_html_block_364_473_categories/6: No such file or directory

Error -125: remote chdir failed

Not sure if that is anyhow related or not. It does not always fail on that specific file, but usually fairly similar.

I tried disabling the Gift Registry addon on the off chance it could be causing the issue, but that didn't seem to make any difference except when trying to delete the cache folder, it then didn't fail to delete those files because they did not exist.

[quote]Error -125: remote chdir failed[/quote]

It seems something has been messed up. First of all you should fix the ownership and files/directories permissions, but this have to be done from the server root. You can ask your provider to do that for you.

If you like, you can PM me your cPanel login details, I can have a look in this.

I don't understand how my tech guys came to this conclusion but this is the last thing they sent me:

[quote]

Upon further investigation I have found that the redirect issue you are seeing

is coming from somewhere inside the script. If you run a curl -V command you

will see “< X-Powered-By: PHP/5.2.17” which indicates that this is a code is

setting a redirect. I have checked everything that I think would cause this

issue.

[/quote]

Does that give anyone any ideas?

I opened a ticket with CS-Cart yesterday and they went to the page and apparently were not redirected so they didn't do any more investigation! And also apparently my client found that she can get in on her iPad, though I cannot get in on my iPhone or iPad. This is making NO sense to me!

If you like, you can PM me your cPanel login details, I can have a look in this.

Without this, no help… then you will have to follow your “tech guys”.

Regards

[quote name=‘martfox’ timestamp=‘1365356338’ post=‘159547’]

Without this, no help… then you will have to follow your “tech guys”.

Regards

[/quote]

Thank I have just sent you a message. I really appreciate your help and everyone else’s so far :)

Will be interested to see your solution to this problem as from how I have interpreted your “tech guys” response, your best solution would be to find a new host. The PHP version being sent in the header has absolutely nothing to do with how a page responds in this manner.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1365357227' post='159552']

Will be interested to see your solution to this problem as from how I have interpreted your “tech guys” response, your best solution would be to find a new host. The PHP version being sent in the header has absolutely nothing to do with how a page responds in this manner.

[/quote]

HAHA, I actually use Storm On Demand from Liquid Web whom I actually love and have been using since 2010. I think it more boils down to they do not know CS-Cart and are just taking shots in the dark. They were just someone I could actually get ahold of that could maybe figure it out while I waited for CS-Cart or someone here to help me figure it out. They at least were able to rule out a few server related issues it might have been.

Just wanted to give anyone interested a quick update…

After Martfox graciously spent a couple hours looking at things he couldn't find anything wrong with any files or configuration, but he gave me some info to take back to Liquid Web thinking the issue was in regards to something with SSL.

After spending two+ hours on the phone with David at Liquid Web we kept going back and forth about the issue being the SSL cert or something else with how SSL is configured because checkout on all stores was working fine. By chance David found our old Pro V2 install that I had moved into a subfolder and found that he could load up the admin panel just fine, with the SSL working.

When he told me this I went and checked it out and I remembered that the admin.php file does in fact redirect you to a dispatch URL for the actual login page (I am guilty of overlooking this because I see it daily and don't pay attention to it anymore) so I copied the dispatch URL and removed the reference to the subfolder and low and behold, we can now get the login screen AND actually login again!

This is the dispatch url I am referring to:

https://www.YOURSTORE.com/admin.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=admin.php

(of course YOURSITE is going to be your domain and the admin.php is going to be whatever name you have changed the default to)

I have responded to my ticket with CS-Cart and hopefully they will be able to figure out why the admin.php is not redirecting to the dispatch URL and why it just randomly started happening. I'll update this thread when I know more.

Thank you so much to everyone that has helped out so far, you all rock!

That's great but never I thought that it could be something like this. The worst thing was that there were not any records in the error log files in CS-Cart nor on the server except the SSL/https errors.

Normally I would backup all files and the whole database, make a fresh installation and then upload/import the custom files and db to the installation.