Recurring subscription and user group problems

I'm having a lot of trouble getting a simple concept to work. I want to offer a “Gold” membership as an ongoing subscription for $19/mo.

I've set up the recurring plan and the user group. I added the recurring plan to the user group.

Here are my issues:

• Every test order I place, the subscription goes to “Complete” status instead of “Active” I can't figure out why. I set the duration to be 60 months. The subscription status stays on “complete” regardless of what I change the order status to.
  • When the user buys the gold subscription, they are not automatically set to be a “gold” usergroup.
  • Also, I would prefer to disable “recurring duration” as this subscription is indefinite and the user chooses when to cancel. It is confusing to show a lengthy duration.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can't be the only one that wants to have a recurring membership to a user group and wants this to be fairly automated.

[quote name='IdeaDirect' timestamp='1321131452' post='125847']

I'm having a lot of trouble getting a simple concept to work. I want to offer a “Gold” membership as an ongoing subscription for $19/mo.

I've set up the recurring plan and the user group. I added the recurring plan to the user group.

Here are my issues:

• Every test order I place, the subscription goes to “Complete” status instead of “Active” I can't figure out why. I set the duration to be 60 months. The subscription status stays on “complete” regardless of what I change the order status to.
  • When the user buys the gold subscription, they are not automatically set to be a “gold” usergroup.
  • Also, I would prefer to disable “recurring duration” as this subscription is indefinite and the user chooses when to cancel. It is confusing to show a lengthy duration.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can't be the only one that wants to have a recurring membership to a user group and wants this to be fairly automated.

[/quote]

Never mind. I figured it out. It turns out that the field “Recurring Start Duration” should be set to 0. I was trying 1, 30, etc. I thought this meant how long the initial purchase would last. It seems it is more about how long before membership starts. The status turned to active. Then when the order status was processed, the customer got access to the usergroup.

The only other item is removing the “recurring duration” but I think that is a custom CS-cart project.