Real time UPS and locations

I have searched for this but I have not been able to resolve this. I have a real time UPS shipping method set up and it works. I have also tied this to a supplier as an available shipping method. I also have a location set up for Michigan for sales tax. When I test my shipping rates in my cart only ship to MI works and other states say “no shipping options”. It appear the UPS real time I have set up is tied to location Michigan but I can not figure out how to tie it to the entire USA location also. Locations seem to be only for manual shipping calculations.

Sounds as if you only have one single location setup for the state of MI, try adding another location and name it USA and then add all US states to this location.

I do have a USA location set up. I currently have 1. default destination (all countries), 2. Canada, 3. Michigan, and 4. USA. I believe these were all part of the install except for Michigan that I created. Is it possible to make the USA location the default? I am not sure if that is what the hang up is.

Hello mich800!

Probably the instructions from here: [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation will help you.

I have everything set up exactly as above. I have discovered this error is comming up in the estimate shipping when you click on the cart and enter a state but no zip code. If you enter a correct zip code it works. Is there a way to make the selections, country, state, and zip required entries so a shopper does not get this error. I feel like an idiot for staying up until 4 A.M. trying to figure this out.

Also, for some reason you can enter just MI and it works. I guess that is why I could not figure why just the other states and no zip did not work.

Thank you for the reply, mich800.

It depends on the shipping service. Some of them can estimate shipping without zipcode and some cannot.

You can make the mentioned fields required on the checkout page (the changes should be made on the “Profile fields” page in CS-Cart admin panel), but not on the cart page. Some additional code changes are required to do this.

But you can disable the “Estimate shipping cost on cart page” setting on the “Settings” page, so your customers will be able to estimate the shipping cost only at checkout, where the mentioned fields are required.

[quote name='mich800' timestamp='1301319986' post='108085']

I have everything set up exactly as above. I have discovered this error is comming up in the estimate shipping when you click on the cart and enter a state but no zip code. If you enter a correct zip code it works. Is there a way to make the selections, country, state, and zip required entries so a shopper does not get this error. I feel like an idiot for staying up until 4 A.M. trying to figure this out.

Also, for some reason you can enter just MI and it works. I guess that is why I could not figure why just the other states and no zip did not work.

[/quote]

Hey man, Thank you very much, we are trying to solve the very same problem and we could not figure out for days until I read your message.

This is the exact solution.