Real-Time Order Processing

I think you are best emailing CS-Cart through their contact form for a reply on this one m8.

We would also like the ability to “Authorize only” at time of purchase and then capture the transaction when entering the tracking/shipping information and marking the order complete. This is how we currently handle transactions at all of our stores. We have been told that this is what credit card companies expect, expecially AmEx.

Bob

I am also using Authorize.net, under the configuration you have the option to select authorize only or authorize and capture.

Also the admin backend will allow you to edit the order and resubmit the information to authorize.net.

I like using Authorize only therefore, if there is a problem were an item is not in stock and cancel the order and the customer is never charged.

[quote name=‘shazer7’]I am also using Authorize.net, under the configuration you have the option to select authorize only or authorize and capture.

Also the admin backend will allow you to edit the order and resubmit the information to authorize.net.

I like using Authorize only therefore, if there is a problem were an item is not in stock and cancel the order and the customer is never charged.[/QUOTE]

It’s my understanding that if I want to postpone the actual charging of a customer’s credit card until we’ve shipped their order, I need to perform the following steps:

1. I have to set up my Authorize.net account to merely “authorize” my transactions rather than “authorizing and capturing” them.
  2. Whenever I edit a customer’s order (pre-shipping), I have to re-submit it to Authorize.net for authorization.
  3. In so doing, CS-Cart generates a new transaction to be processed by Authorize.net, wholly independent of the first one for the order.
  4. In such a case, I would have to go into my Authorize.net account and cancel the first transaction authorization.
  5. For ANY authorized order, once I’ve shipped it, I need to go into Authorize.net and tell it to “capture” the payment.

My questions are,

6. Is this accurate?
  7. Through what action do I perform step #2 above? Is it just a matter of editing an order and saving it?
  8. Having never done real-time online credit card processing, are steps #4 and #5 straightforward through Authorize.net?
  9. How does this same sequence of steps work with Paypal and Google Checkout?

Thanks ahead of time for your insight!