Question to those actually using 2.2.1

Hello everyone. Now that version 2.2.1 has been out for a couple of weeks now, could those that are using this version give us an idea of how the new version is working for you? For example, do you think that the new checkout has improved sales? Does your site feel that it is running fast? What are your likes/dislikes etc.

If you haven’t used the new version yet, please would you post your replies on a different thread. ;)

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='TheNewbie' timestamp='1311159127' post='117748']

Hello everyone. Now that version 2.2.1 has been out for a couple of weeks now, could those that are using this version give us an idea of how the new version is working for you?

[/quote]

First of all, for all of you who don't see your upgrade: In upgrade center, change your upgrade center to http://updates.cs-cart.com (if you haven't done so already)

I just upgraded an hour ago. No issues there, just had to put some changes back but was up & running in no time.

If your admin is messed up: clear your browsers cache. Also clear smartoptimizers cache if you are using it, and if you're using google's modpagespeed, turn it off for now or wait a while until the admin shows up OK.

The new admin looks amazing. Will take some time to get used to but things are much more logical and faster then before. And it looks REALLY good and professional! Very impressed.

Also really like seeing product pictures in the admin now.

The new checkout is almost the same as in 2.1.4, just adds an overview of ordered products.

My shop also runs like a charm. I'm not sure but it feels even faster then before. Some add-ons don't work anymore, but some do. Most things I had added are now available by default in the new version anyway, so I'm actually happy I can uninstall away some add-ons.

So far we are liking the changes of 2.2.1 (outside of a few bugs). The checkout seems smooth. The changes of the back admin are excellent. The only thing I believe they dropped the ball on in the admin was the “quick view” when you first logged in. We liked to be able to see completed orders, etc.

One things we did NOT do is we did NOT make any of our main sites live with 2.2.1 yet! We are holding out for 2.2.2 to be released and then really tested before we do. The sites we have moved to 2.2.1 are low traffic/volume sites. I have learned my lesson on upgrading too soon and I've learned my lesson on waiting too long. I think there is a happy medium. As many say, if there isn't something (function, fix, etc) you need in a new release you are much better off to hold off until the community really test it. I would have to agree.

2.2.1 is working very well for us. I enjoy the new look and layout. One of the biggest features we have utilized is the Email Notification for out of stock products. Our customers have been very receptive to it and I believe it will generate quite a bit of sales once the emails go out.