Question about commission and charging monthly fee?

Hello, I am looking into the Multi-Vendor option. I have two questions.

1. I am a little lost on how I would make money from this. I guess what I am seeing is that you change a percentage on each transaction. If this is the way it works, what type of percentage do most charge in order to cover the costs of the credit card processing fees. I don’t see how you can make that much profit. Again, maybe I am missing something.

2. Are there any ways to charge a monthly fee to allow the member/vendors to use the system. I was hoping to do something where based on the number of items you want to sell, you can charge a certain price. Does this exist as an add-on or any type of subscription possibility like this?
  1. You may try this:

CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

This is a feature for customers or vendors? I want a monthly fee for vendors to charge get access to sell on the site. We wouldn't be selling any type of recurring products to customers.

We use a third party software to auto-bill our vendors each month. When we have an interested vendor, we send them the link to this software so they can purchase a “vendor subscription” once they purchase that subscription they are then put on a “Auto-bill” system. If the vendor misses a payment or their credit card fails, then we go into CS-Cart and disable their vendor account until they pay any past due balance.

This system was set up by the team at www.sitesmacker.com

They are pretty good with Cs-Cart

[quote name='jeffmace' timestamp='1372042287' post='164233']

Hello, I am looking into the Multi-Vendor option. I have two questions.

1. I am a little lost on how I would make money from this. I guess what I am seeing is that you change a percentage on each transaction. If this is the way it works, what type of percentage do most charge in order to cover the costs of the credit card processing fees. I don't see how you can make that much profit. Again, maybe I am missing something.

2. Are there any ways to charge a monthly fee to allow the member/vendors to use the system. I was hoping to do something where based on the number of items you want to sell, you can charge a certain price. Does this exist as an add-on or any type of subscription possibility like this?

[/quote]

Hi- Did you figure out a solution? I'm curious how I can make this work for me too.

Thanks

Almond