quantity type

Here’s the idea

I’m not a programmer, so you’ll have to excuse my ignorance, but…

In the admin panel during product setup, wouldn’t it be cool if you could select quantity type? This way on the invoice it will show more than just the quantity number.

I sell skates, this way my skates can have a quantity type listed as “Pairs”, Wheels can be sold as “sets”, and small items can be sold as “each”.

here is an example of the back end…

http://derbysmack.com/cs-cart-idea.jpg

Front end view

http://derbysmack.com/cs-cart-idea3.jpg

invoice view

http://derbysmack.com/cs-cart-idea2.jpg

Hello Nathand,

I am working on having a “Unit of Measure” add-on mod created for CS-Cart as we speak which based upon your description/images, should do exactly what you are looking to accomplish. (Your gonna like it!) :)

I will provide details as soon as they are available.

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1311370497’ post=‘118027’]

Hello Nathand,

I am working on having a “Unit of Measure” add-on mod created for CS-Cart as we speak which based upon your description/images, should do exactly what you are looking to accomplish. (Your gonna like it!) :)

I will provide details as soon as they are available.

[/quote]

great minds think alike :-)

[quote name=‘nathand’ timestamp=‘1311371000’ post=‘118029’]

great minds think alike :-)

[/quote]

Well, you & I would consider something like this as “Common Sense Logic”, others, well it might just whiz right past em! :P

[quote name=‘Struck’ timestamp=‘1311371686’ post=‘118031’]

Well, you & I would consider something like this as “Common Sense Logic”, others, well it might just whiz right past em! :P

[/quote]

Its more of a “fail-safe” feature for the guys in the warehouse pulling the items.

[quote]Its more of a “fail-safe” feature for the guys in the warehouse pulling the items[/quote]

Well, I view it more importantly as it is always wise that your customers know “exactly” what they are getting for that $29.99 price listed next to the item. When everything you sell is in the U/M of Each, then it is a no-brainer. However, if your product offering consists of Each's, Pairs, Sets, Cartons, Gallons, Drums, Pecks, etc, etc, etc…then there is a very obvious need to clarify this.

But yes, including a U/M parameter to each item referenced throughout the paper trail is nothing more than beneficial to everyone involved.

This Unit of Measure add-on mod should be available early next week (and reasonably affordable as well)! :)

This is more than a display, correct? I.e. I can have a product of 'abc' where I can specify to sell it as:

1ea - 2.99

1dz - 29.99

1case - 109.99

By selecting a unit of measure with an appropriate price update, tax adjustment, etc.

And if I order 3 cases and 1 dozen in the same order, my cart will show 3 cases of 'abc' @ 109.99 = 329.97, 1 dozen 'abc' @ 29.99 = 29.99 for a total of 359.96?

Would I assume that a promotion set for a quantity will still apply to the quantity regardless of the unit-of-measure or will one define the number of units per unit-of-measure for quantity calculations for price and promotions?

Will group price discounts also apply to the 'abc' SKU for each unit-of-measure? I.e. can I have a group discount for more than 3 dozen and no discount for < 3 dozen for the 'wholesale' group?

Any chance someone wants to post the requirements that are being used to define the functionality of the addon? It would help to understand what it's supposed to do.

This Unit of Measure display Add-on is now available for purchase from cscartrocks.com and works perfectly! :)

See details here: CS-Cart Price Per Unit Addon

[quote]I can specify to sell it as:

1ea - 2.99

1dz - 29.99

1case - 109.99[/quote]

T,

Most of us were simply looking for a proper way to handle & display the various unit of measures, or pricing units our products are being sold as, which is what the add-on listed above does.

In my wholesalers world, what you are referencing is what i would refer to as a true product “bundling” capability, ie: Establish a price for your absolute smallest “Unit” for a given product of which you deal with, and then bundle it into larger units (Cans x 12 = Cases). There is a definite need for this. :)

Okay, I was hoping it did more than put a separator and label next to a price. But I now understand what was trying to be accomplished.

I thought you were trying to address bundling which (as you can guess from my questions) is a problem that has tentacles that probe many areas of the cart (to be done correctly).

I was hoping someone else had done it (I have a client who needs it). My estimation of what it would take is in the 100 hour range. Far more than anyone is willing to pay.