Quantity Discounts + Customer Prices Mod

Hi everyone, I’m new to this forum, and CS-CART is new to me, so please be patient lol

OK, before I take the site live I need to achieve the following:

1. I need Customer Prices (Trade/Wholesale) to be calculated off the List Price, as this is the way we allocate the discount to our b2b customers.

I thought of few workarounds like putting list price in the sale price field, then add 1+ in the quantity discount and give it the sale price, but this is not a very nice way of doing it as customers may not realise that quantity discounts table includes price for 1 product :) and doing this our products look more expensive in search comparison sites and Google Products as the price being populated is the list price thats been entered as a sale price.

Then another workaround, to give extra discount to the sale price to make up the trade price, but 9 times out of 10 the prices are out by 1p or more, so thats not an option.

2. The quantity discounts should stay the same for ALL (guests/registered/trade) customers, I assume this shouldn’t be very tricky as quantity prices are entered manually, not the percentage of the sale price on Product > Quantity Discounts Tab.

I know there is an option to allocate quantity discounts to selected groups, but let me explain why this is not an option:

say we need to sell 1 product:

List Price: £16.73

Online Price: £15.06

Quantity Discounts:

15+ : £14.22

25+ : £13.38

Trade Price: £14.22

So our trade price is in the middle of quantity discount (not for all, but for a quite few products), some of them trade price is the same as quantity discount for 15+, and some same as for 25+

Hopefully I have made myself clear, if not, please let me know, I will try my best…

Many thanks for your time & effort!

I’m using v2.2.1 pro

I am not totally sure this is what you want but here goes

You can create a catalog promotion, giving % discount off the list price to the trade/wholesale group.

This can be set sitewide, by category or by product.

[quote name='kogi' timestamp='1310720676' post='117372']

I am not totally sure this is what you want but here goes

You can create a catalog promotion, giving % discount off the list price to the trade/wholesale group.

This can be set sitewide, by category or by product.

[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, but the discounts set in promotions are applied to the sale price, not the List Price/RRP.

We've got the following pricing in our company:

1. List Price/RRP (we sell products at this price in physical premises to retail customers)
  2. Sale/Online Price (for online purchases only say 10% off the list price)
  3. Trade Price (fixed percentage of the List Price - NOT the sale price)
  4. Quantity Discounts (fixed percentage of the List Price for ALL customers)

unfortunately the CS cart doesn't work this way…

5. when i set the trade discount say 10% off all products, cs cart deducts those 10% off the sale/online price and I want it to deduct off the List Price/RRP.

6. If I set the quantity discount say for 15+ items @ £10.00/each, it works fine for retail customers but as soon as the trade customer logs in - the quantity discount is reduced by an extra 10% and i want it to stay the same for all shoppers.

In other words the quantity discount should not be affected by any other discounts whether it is customer group discount, cart promotion etc.

This type of pricing is very usual thing in the UK and if this could be achieved by mods or future releases, then more and more UK businesses will go with a cs cart.

To achieve the above I've been quoted $325-375 by CS Developers, is anyone interested to share the cost?