Q) Having serious server problems

Hi, I’ John

I having a big serious problem.

My website is too slow so, i check to the our server company.

They said like this…

[COLOR=“Red”]Wayne P. - Server Support: Yes, your server is running slow due to concurrent connections to the website. A netstat shows over 100 connections from my IP when I pull up your site. This can be from poor coding, unoptimized database queries, ect.

We would recommend reviewing the coding/configuration of your website as this is likely the cause of the issue.

Wayne P. - Server Support: The issue with your server running out of resources is being caused by the high number of connections opened when the website is requested. [/COLOR]

I’m beginner so i don’t understand and how to solve this problem.

P.S - I attached screen copy when problem occured

Thank yo so much!!!

err2.jpg

err.jpg

no screen shot here mate. My eyes are good, but still cannot see anything attached.

i attached again. sorry!

I have glasses and still cannot see anything…

see original post. there are two attached image.

Where do you store the pictures? DB or File System?

i think that is in the DB.

Move them to the file system first!

While using the file system instead of the database is better, that will not fix your error problem.

I don’t know which version you are using but change the following in either config.php or config.local.php:

// Set maximum memory limit
@ini_set('memory_limit', '[COLOR="Blue"]128[/COLOR]M');

There are other things you can do to speed the cart up like enabling compression via a php.ini file. Compression is disabled by default.

Not sure what to tell you about the many connections but I doubt it has much to do with the software.

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]While using the file system instead of the database is better, that will not fix your error problem.

I don’t know which version you are using but change the following in either config.php or config.local.php:

// Set maximum memory limit
@ini_set('memory_limit', '[COLOR=Blue]128[/COLOR]M');
There are other things you can do to speed the cart up like enabling compression via a php.ini file. Compression is disabled by default.

Not sure what to tell you about the many connections but I doubt it has much to do with the software.[/quote]

A good idea but otherwise it seems as though the server itself cannot handle the extra load by providing additional RAM, with respect I believe its a good possibility of the host kicking him off the server also :frowning:

Jesse

thank you so much about response!!!

I give you sever spec. for your understanding.

i have one more question.

how do i move to the file system.

what is file system?

I’m so sorry, i’m beginer so I don’t know about server.

what i do first?

Operating System: Red Hat Fedora Core 7 RAM: 256 MB Guaranteed 1 GB BurstedTotal Disk Space: 10 GB Bandwidth Quota: 500 GB Quota Used: 14 GB

[QUOTE]how do i move to the file system.[/QUOTE]

Go to Administration > Settings - Genreal

Look for “Images location” Select “File System”

[QUOTE]what is file system?[/QUOTE]

Instead of loading and pulling all your images from the Database the File System is used to pull images directly from your Folders/Diretories, making this a much faster way to load your shopping cart

thank you for response.

i tried to do that but it was stopped when i update.

i attached that screen capture.

file.jpg

thank you for response!!!

i moved to the file system

But, my website is not open never.

Please, help me. this is very urgent!!!

this is error msg…

Database error: 5 : Out of memory (Needed 1048548 bytes)

Invalid query: SELECT count(distinct cscart_listmania_list_objects.list_object_id) FROM cscart_listmania_lists LEFT JOIN cscart_listmania_list_objects ON cscart_listmania_lists.lm_id = cscart_listmania_list_objects.lm_id LEFT JOIN cscart_products as products ON products.product_id=cscart_listmania_list_objects.list_object_id INNER JOIN cscart_products_categories as products_categories ON products_categories.product_id=products.product_id INNER JOIN cscart_categories ON cscart_categories.category_id=products_categories.category_id AND cscart_categories.avail=‘Y’ AND cscart_categories.membership_id IN (‘0’, ‘0’) LEFT JOIN cscart_product_options_inventory as inventory ON inventory.product_id=cscart_listmania_list_objects.list_object_id WHERE object_id=‘1’ AND list_id=‘2’ AND products.avail=‘Y’ AND cscart_listmania_lists.enable=‘Y’ AND IF(products.tracking=‘O’, inventory.amount>0, products.amount>0)

Did you do what I said back in post 9?

Its your web host. you do not have enough MySql memory to available on the server to run your store.

Surely Wayne P. - Server Support wouldn’t mislead him?:grin:

Try password protecting your store with htaccess, and then login to your site, You should be the ONLY visitor on it, and see what happens.

My guess is that its the same thing.

ok. solve that problem! my website is more faster than before.

But!!!

After that inventory system is something wrong!!!

can order without “0” inventory.

it not works inventory check.

oh…my…it is big trouble too…

Please help me. what happen here…

Regarding the number of server connections your hosting company is speaking of, this may be attributed to the number of requests your cs-cart shop is making for gif images. You can get a free analysis of your site and see how many HTTP and image requests are being made of the server. Here’s a link: [url]http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/[/url]

This analysis tool makes reference to you possibly experiencing slow speed when the number of connections goes over 20.

When I first analyzed my site, there were over 65 HTTP requests on the home page, and although the speed was acceptable, it has been slower than my competitor’s sites, and I have been concerned that some of the Bounce Rate was due to slow response on a customer’s dial-up connection.

The CS-CART skins are very nice, but are loaded with gif images that are used to create all the many graduated colored areas. If you review the styles.css in the skins directory, you may see many references to them. I have found that by modifying the various images responsible for the graduated backgrounds (for example, mainbox_cart_title_bg.gif, section_title_bg.gif) and removing the url for the gif and just using the background color, I can reduce the number of server connections and improve the speed. Of course, there is a pleasing effect of having the graduated images, but I am happier to have the increased speed. In addition to removing the graduated backgrounds, I am also removing the little arrows from links when they do not seem necessary. I have removed them from the left category box and the bottom list links. After removing some of the gif images (about 20) from the home page, according to the analysis tool, I was able to increase the speed by about 5 seconds. I am also seeing an improvement on product pages containing thumbnail images