Professional, Multi-Vendor And Widget Mode

I have a life time license of the Professional version. I have always had a forum web site using Xenforo and a separate domain/site for the shop, currently using 4.2.1.

Today, I found out about the Widget Mode feature and WOW what a fantastic option. I can now embed the shop into my forum website and make it like it is a part of the site.

This has raised some opportunities and some questions that I hope you can answer for me.

1. If I use the widget mode and give the code to some other sites that I know want to have a shop, is there some way that they can earn commission on the sales that come from the widget on their site…how would I set this up, manage it, know what sales come from which widget etc OR would I have to go to the Multi Vendor version
  2. If it can be done via the Professional version, am I better to create a new store for each of the sites that use the widget including my own forum web site and use the domain of where the widget is uses as the store domain
  3. What else do I need to know

Thanks for any help

Good day,

Unfortunately, commissions are not supported by the widget feature. Also there is no more Pro versions. At the moment they release CS-Cart and Multi-Vendor software. Both of them support widget

Also you can see more details here:

CS-Cart eCommerce Platform. Features: The Widget Mode - YouTube

Hope that helps

Yes, i know the pro version is no longer but you know what i mean…so would the multi vendor versin do what i need

[quote name='ibaker' timestamp='1407922661' post='189431']

Yes, i know the pro version is no longer but you know what i mean…so would the multi vendor versin do what i need

[/quote]

You goal is not quite clear. But the wiget is supported by Multi-Vendor

Instant Demo - CS-Cart Multi-Vendor Demo Try Free for 15 days

The widget will show the store with the products from all vendors

My goal is to provide some websites with a fully functional shop on their site. They would use my shop and I manage it all, I just give them the code for the widget to place on their web site.

All I need then is to know which sales I get are from my own web site and which I receive from their web sites so I can pay them a commission for having my shop on their web site.

The Widget idea is fantastic as it is simply some lines of code and they have a shop, albeit mine, on their site but with their header, nav etc. so users think they are shopping from their site.

Perhaps there is some way to accomplish this using some of the features of CS-Cart like a store for each of their sites and a separate theme, hence widget, for each of their sites.

I believe you could distribute the widget code wherever you want.

All requests go through Simbrisk's "cartservices.com' site so all your traffic will be tracked.

Wouldn't it be simpler to write a small chunk of your own JS to insert an iframe with your store url and any affiliate tracking code info that you want to add to the URL. You could then make the dimensions configurable for your affiliate users. I.e. something like

The code above is meant to be an example or pusedo code. It is intended to experess an idea, not to be used as is.

We have contacted CS-Cart support team and they informed us that there is no ability to check if the order was made from the widget or from the main store. Additional code modifications are required.

What happens though if you create a 2nd store with its own theme and use the widget from that theme for that store

[quote name='ibaker' timestamp='1408005046' post='189529']

What happens though if you create a 2nd store with its own theme and use the widget from that theme for that store

[/quote]

Yes, it will work in this way. If you select store-front in the admin panel, you will see orders from this store-front only.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1407998945' post='189515']

I believe you could distribute the widget code wherever you want.

All requests go through Simbrisk's "cartservices.com' site so all your traffic will be tracked.

Wouldn't it be simpler to write a small chunk of your own JS to insert an iframe with your store url and any affiliate tracking code info that you want to add to the URL. You could then make the dimensions configurable for your affiliate users. I.e. something like

The code above is meant to be an example or pusedo code. It is intended to experess an idea, not to be used as is.

[/quote]

Unfortunately Affiliates is no longer available in 4.2.1 that I can find

Well, then someone (maybe alt team) has ported the older version to 4.x.

I was going to bring over an affiliate system I did for a client for V3, but there was so little interest I decided not to make the investment.

But I guess my main point was using and iframe instead of the widget code so your traffic remains private.