Product Title Length

On the admin side in CS 4 product titles are being truncated too short. An example:

1787 Fugio Cent, United States, 4…

Some items become indistinguishable at this length. I found on the forums how to change the length on the customer side (product_data.tpl), but have not been able to find the setting for the admin side. Any ideas?

Thanks, Roger

Hi @lccoins,

In the admin is not any setting(at this moment) for this to make it work, if you wish you can follow [url=“How To View The Full Product Name On Category List - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums”]How To View The Full Product Name On Category List - Hints & Modifications - CS-Cart Community Forums for a simple and long term solution

I hope that helps,

Valentin

[color=#808080][size=2]part of hungryweb.net[/size][/color]

[quote name='lccoins' timestamp='1401834724' post='184995']

On the admin side in CS 4 product titles are being truncated too short. An example:

1787 Fugio Cent, United States, 4…

Some items become indistinguishable at this length. I found on the forums how to change the length on the customer side (product_data.tpl), but have not been able to find the setting for the admin side. Any ideas?

Thanks, Roger

[/quote]

Unfortunately there is no specific setting for this feature, So it is required to change the template after each upgrade

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1401869052' post='185019']

Unfortunately there is no specific setting for this feature, So it is required to change the template after each upgrade

[/quote]

I'm okay changing the template- but which one? I can't figure out which temple controls the admin view of products.

Here's how it looks:

[url=“http://www.lccoins.com/admincutoff.png”]http://www.lccoins.com/admincutoff.png[/url]

Please open the “design/backend/templates/views/products/manage.tpl” file and find the following string:

{$product.product|truncate:40 nofilter}

Change “40” to the required value, save the file and clear the cache.

Perfect- thanks!

Hi all,

I have the same problem but my cart is cs-cart 4.2.2 and it does not work for me :(

Any idea on how to do that please?

Thanks .

Corinne

[quote name=‘corinnetoulouse’ timestamp=‘1430575777’ post=‘213194’]

Hi all,

I have the same problem but my cart is cs-cart 4.2.2 and it does not work for me :(

Any idea on how to do that please?

Thanks .

Corinne

[/quote]

It should also work on 4.2.2. Do not forget to clear cache.

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1430746864' post='213336']

It should also work on 4.2.2. Do not forget to clear cache.

[/quote]

That works !!! thank you for your help

Regards.

Corinne

We are glad to help you and everyone! :)