Product Specific Block

I'm just wondering if there's a way to create a block (HTML for example) on the Product Layout that can be changed dynamically for each product?

Some of our products will have videos for example, and it'd be nice to have a block on the right with a thumbnail of the video that customers can click and link to.

I'm just wondering if there's a way to create a block (HTML for example) on the Product Layout that can be changed dynamically for each product?

Some of our products will have videos for example, and it'd be nice to have a block on the right with a thumbnail of the video that customers can click and link to.

Yes, you can do it. The idea is described here:

http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.6.x/user_guide/look_and_feel/layouts/blocks/different_banners.html

Just use HTML block instead of block with banners and products instead of categories

Thanks eCom! That works for now.

It's too bad you can't just have an empty block as default, it forces you to put some sort of html as default. I guess I could put blank text, but it would be nice if the "main content" block would expand to take up the whole width when there's no content in that side block.

Thanks eCom! That works for now.

It's too bad you can't just have an empty block as default, it forces you to put some sort of html as default. I guess I could put blank text, but it would be nice if the "main content" block would expand to take up the whole width when there's no content in that side block.

Note that you can set global status of the block to Disabled and enable it for the specific products only