Product ranking page, also reviews combined with score feature

I think that the following feature would be hot:

Basically instead of straight foward reviews the customer must have bought the product to be able to comment on it and they can give the product a score say out of 5 and have to back their score up with a comment/review.

These product scores and comments are then displayed on a ranking page that shows all your products in a league table/ ranking list with the best product at the top.

People who have bought a certain product can also add comment direct on the ranking page also.

Product league table:

Posn Score Name

1 5/5 (900) Best product in the word

-------------------------------------------------------

open/close comment (ajax)

• Hi I bvought this a it is awesome - Jim
  • Hi Jim i bought it also and this product is so great I climaex - Jack

etc etc

2 4/5 (300) Super Soaker

----------------------------------------------------

Something like the above, shows say 100 ranked products per page…

What do you reckon?

[quote name=‘badmaash’]Basically instead of straight foward reviews the customer must have bought the product to be able to comment on it and they can give the product a score say out of 5 and have to back their score up with a comment/review.[/QUOTE]

If you set “Communication and Rating” on a product, both items are already required. Do you want something besides the purchase requirement in addition to this?

Regarding the league table/leader board-

Do you envision a site-wide list of “top-rated products”? I don’t think I have ever seen it implemented like this. I know that I never visit an e-commerce site as a shopper to discover even the bestselling products, let alone the top-reviewed. It seems this would make more sense as a sorting option (Top Rated) for the product lists (as it is often implemented elsewhere).

What do others think?

Bob