Product Preorder MOD Released

Do you want to be able to sell products you don’t have stock yet? Consider the extra revenues your shop could produce with this feature.

Features

Nice mod!

It would be useful to also have the preorder date in terms of timeframe. For example: Product will ship in 2 months, instead of a specific date dd/mm/yyyy.

The advantage is that the buyer will know that he will receive the product 2 months after the purchase (especially useful for made-to-order products) instead of a set date that the admin can’t control.

Hi,

I like this module. Would also like to have a time frame. For me, I would use 10 days.

I purchase from a supplier that has hundreds of sku’s. I only stock 30 (most popular). I would like to have all of them on my site and order only if pre-ordered. Only takes me one week to get items. This mod would work great.

Would like In-Stock to say: Pre-order only and Quantity t be “0”

But, this does allow me to put more items on the site and give people an estimate as when the order would be processed.

Wondering if the person could place the order and have a status called: Pre-ordered. Then the status could be changed and the order processed once the item is available for shipment.

Thanks,

Bob

right link

[url]http://www.topcoderpro.com/product-pre-order-mod.html[/url]

New link:

[url]http://www.t-cpro.com/product-pre-order-mod.html[/url]

Lee Li Pop

I find it insulting that this web site charges for its MODS. These should be available to the open community. It is this sharing that will help CS-Cart to continue to grow and become popular. I have made all my MODS free and would never consider charging for them.

In contrary, I totally understand charging for templates, but MODS should be open source.

My 2 cents worth,

David

Hi,

I don’t feel there is a problem to charge for mods if you have a business for this purpose: Selling software, templates, Mods (addons) etc. This “website” does not charge for Mods, Independent Developers do.

Those that sell Mods, or whatever you want to call them, are expected to supply some type of after purchase support and provide upgrade paths when necessary. They should also validate the code and test them against various versions of CS-Cart, different Browsers and different skins.

A mod/add in to me is code that integrates and installs itself into the application.

Much of the free “MODs” do not necessarily get validated.

I appreciate the free code/mods that people contribute in the Forum, but I don’t expect high-level support and upgrades.

This is my nickels worth.

Bob

I’d recommend waiting for the next major release…

Hello,

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I’d recommend waiting for the next major release…[/QUOTE]

The advice of the wise man is always good … Let’s listen to him!

Be VERY careful with external “Mods”, “Pluggins” and so on… It’s VERY good in the beggining. This quickly becomes an incurable disease!

Read my experience:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=38811#post38811[/url]

Lee Li Pop

I completely agree with SnoRocket and Lee Li Pop, that is why I have sent all my MODS to the development team. I would hope they would be encorporated into the next release. This is how the open community helps the product grow.

I am interested in this mod, but the site seems to be down… any idea where one could get this mod?

I would like this mod too :slight_smile:

I would be interested in a CS cart 2 version of this mod too.

[quote name=‘zoey00’]I would be interested in a CS cart 2 version of this mod too.[/QUOTE]

CS CART 2 has some useless implementation of the mod already, with a “buy in advance” tickbox. Which allows the customer to order the product even its got a estimated arrival date in the future,

Only one issue, when you tick the box in the admin panel, the ETA date disappears off the product page! Rendering the whole mod entirely useless :confused:

Not much point in having a pre-order function that doesnt show the customer its a pre-order!

I really need this mod for 1.3.5. and have money waiting, however its proving dificult to get anyone to take my money :frowning:

So why not just edit the product template to show the date, if the rest of the mod works for you?

[quote name=‘welshtom’]I really need this mod for 1.3.5. and have money waiting, however its proving dificult to get anyone to take my money :([/QUOTE]

not many people want to go backwards, the upgrade script has been posted recently, I’d upgrade and move from there, Thanks - Sno

It doesnt work like that in real life - hard work has been put into this version, not to be restarted on another.

I will just have to try and code it myself.

In the back of my mind I keep thinking if this was oscommerce we’d probably have more offers to do the work than we could handle, maybe we should have stuck with that. The community was vibrant at least

Contact the helpdesk, they will quote you a price.

[quote name=‘welshtom’]CS CART 2 has some useless implementation of the mod already, with a “buy in advance” tickbox. Which allows the customer to order the product even its got a estimated arrival date in the future,

Only one issue, when you tick the box in the admin panel, the ETA date disappears off the product page! Rendering the whole mod entirely useless :confused:

Not much point in having a pre-order function that doesnt show the customer its a pre-order!

I really need this mod for 1.3.5. and have money waiting, however its proving dificult to get anyone to take my money :([/quote]

I noticed this also and agree it could have been better implemented - anyone know how to get something like, “Not available until (DATE), Pre-order now!” to appear?

Where to find this mod ?