Product Options With Images!

On most large ecommerce sites when you select a different color option the product picture will change to show this color. All CS would need to do is add an “Add Image” field beside each product option. Of course this field would need to be “Optional”.

But in the case of colors, you would simply upload a different product picture for each color option and then on the front-end the image would change according to the color choice. This would increase conversion rates dramatically IMHO :wink:

You could even have “Back” and “Next” buttons below the detailed product image so the customer could view the color options that way as well!

I am puzzled because it already does this with product options!!

It does not have forward back buttons though.

[quote name=‘Page’]I am puzzled because it already does this with product options!!

It does not have forward back buttons though.[/QUOTE]

We’re using 1.3.5-sp-2, and we cannot find this option anywhere? In fact we just performed a test and no product option allowed us to add images to it. Perhaps it’s only available in sp-3?

the image option has been available since at least 1.3.4 (since I started)

I use it on a few items. It is available when you track inventory with options on the

Inventory “Edit” link

Sample:[URL=“Playboy Back Issues Price List”]Playboy Back Issues Price List

Your sample has 1 in stock. With blue, red or black?

How do you setup this?

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]the image option has been available since at least 1.3.4 (since I started)

I use it on a few items. It is available when you track inventory with options on the

Inventory “Edit” link

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]the image option has been available since at least 1.3.4 (since I started)

Inventory “Edit” link

Do you have to have “Track Inventory” set to “On” for this to work?

[quote name=‘Darius’]Your sample has 1 in stock. With blue, red or black?

How do you setup this?[/QUOTE]

One (1) of each right now. If there were none, it would show (0) Items Available

Create your product (the one you want to show as default, in my case, the black snifter)

On the product page click “Product Options” tab.

Name your option (Add product options) then under variant names add the actual option name…

In My example Position 1 option is black with No Modifier (+0.00)

This shows the base price of $50.00

Position 2 is Red (+25.00 Absolute) = $75.00 (50+25)

Position 3 is Blue (+ 35.00 Absolute) = $85.00 (50 +35)

Click Save Changes

Go back to the main product page and Select “Track with Options” and Click Update

The “Edit” link should appear NOW next to Amount in Stock

Click It (Edit)

Click “Rebuild Combinations”

Your new options should appear to enter an inventory amount as well as Additional Images.

[quote name=‘mayanetwork’]Do you have to have “Track Inventory” set to “On” for this to work?[/QUOTE]

I “think” yes…because if you do not “track with options”, the page that cs-cart generates for the options will not be available.

Wow, I did not know this was possible, I was looking to have the same feature. Thanks for bringing that up!

So after one red labeled will be sold when I select radio button on red

it will show red - 0 in stock, black - 1, blue - 1. Right?

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]One (1) of each right now. If there were none, it would show (0) Items Available

Create your product (the one you want to show as default, in my case, the black snifter)

Name your option (Add product options) then under variant names add the actual option name…

Click Save Changes

Go back to the main product page and Select “Track with Options” and Click Update

Click It (Edit)

Your new options should appear to enter an inventory amount as well as Additional Images.[/QUOTE]

Yes, In fact, I just hypothetically sold it (the red one)

check it now

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]Yes, In fact, I just hypothetically sold it (the red one)

check it now[/QUOTE]

I have figured out how to do this :slight_smile: very nice feature, I was asking about this in fact, got no answer of bad english I guess :slight_smile:

can you show a picture next to the option instead of changing the main picture like if its customizing a ink type show the color of the ink in a little of a thumnail?

It looks like this will not work with the Lightbox fancyzoom script installed. Anybody had the same issue? The picture does not change when I change the selection. When I unistall the Fancyzoom, it works fine…

[quote name=‘MikeFold’]One (1) of each right now. If there were none, it would show (0) Items Available

Click Save Changes

Click It (Edit)

Your new options should appear to enter an inventory amount as well as Additional Images.[/QUOTE]

The fancyzoom works perfectly with all product_options and images, it can only be user error, check all the files that need to be edited again.

[url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

This is fixed, I omitted to uncomment the old [COLOR=“Green”]new_ref[id][/COLOR] code in exception.js

Works great now, thanks Zardos.

// new_ref[id] = "javascript:fn_open_popup_image('"+current_location+'/'+image_index+"?object_type=detailed&image_id="+pr_i[id][row]['detailed_id']+"&window=popup', "+pr_i[id][row]['detailed']['image_x']+"+ 84, "+pr_i[id][row]['detailed']['image_y']+"+ 140);"

new_ref[id] = ""+pr_i[id][row]['detailed_id2']+""

Your Welcome

Hi,

Is there a mod to show images without using the rebuild combinations? I don’t want to use this feature. I would have hundreds of nonsense combinations and when adding to the global options that are included during the rebuild combination, I would have to manually enter the data again for thousands of useless combination’s and would also probably mess up the exceptions. I am looking for a mod to do this.

Thanks,

Bob