If customer selects USA, display:

State:

MN

KS

otherwise, display:

Province:

ON

QB

Has anyone done this type of chained SELECT product options in their cart?

Glen

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]I’d like to display product options like this:

Canada

USA

If customer selects USA, display:

State:

MN

KS

otherwise, display:

Province:

ON

QB

Has anyone done this type of chained SELECT product options in their cart?

Glen[/QUOTE]

Glen,

Were you ever able to figure this out?

I’m trying to do something similar with a dependent drop-down on my product pages.

Thanks,

Jerry

No, I never pursued this. I’m sure it could be done with some javascript voodoo.

Yea, I can create the Java voodoo, it’s just integrating it into the cart that I’m having trouble with. Is it possible to write the code and have it assigned to a custom block on the requisite product pages?

It’s driving me a little batty trying to figure this out.

Are you sure that the existing Options Exceptions functionality won’t do the job? I realize it won’t hide the entire Product Option, but you could do something like this:

[QUOTE]1. INITIAL DISPLAY

-Select First-

Canada

USA

State:

-

Province:

-

2. USER PICKS “USA”

-Select First-

Canada

USA

State:

-

MN

KS

Province:

-[/QUOTE]

The Option Exceptions would control the available options under State and Province. You would need a placeholder “-” first option for State and Province so that the user can “back out” of a State or Province selection and choose a different country.

Option Exceptions aren’t easy to visualize - best to go and play around with them to get a better understanding. Also, depending on the number of options that you’re working with, the number of necessary exceptions can increase exponentially.

I’ve just submitted several Feature Requests and a Bug Report (#1518, #1519, #1520, #1521) related to this thread.

Glen

I am trying to achieve same results … please check [url]http://www.impactreact.co.uk/labelshop2/25-sheets-10-labels-per-sheet-83-x-53-mm.html[/url] and advise if this has been achieved somewhere?

Thanks

Don’t think this is currently available. It appears as an ‘in development’ item an the roadmap:

[url]https://www.cs-cart.com/roadmap.html[/url]

[QUOTE]Product options improvement: consequential exceptions, required options[/QUOTE]

Well, I am guessing that this is what is meant by consequential exceptions.

Bob

any idea, when new version is going to release with these features?

I have no idea other than not soon.

I don’t see anything at labs.cs-cart.com to suggest they have made enough progress to even show a rough version of this. It should show up there at least a few weeks before release but with the 2.0.13 release imminent I suspect that this will not make it till a subsequent release.

Bob

Any update on that?? I'm trying to create a chain select menu too, but no luck so far…

Try Forbidden combinations.

John