Product Filter Block not Available on Product Pages

I have specifically re-saved the block for product filters onto product pages. The product filter block will not show up.

I’ve noticed that you cannot assign filters to products, only to categories. What is it that I’m missing?

We are running CS-Cart 2.1.2

[quote name=‘MarjWyatt’]I have specifically re-saved the block for product filters onto product pages. The product filter block will not show up.

I’ve noticed that you cannot assign filters to products, only to categories. What is it that I’m missing?

We are running CS-Cart 2.1.2[/QUOTE]

What are you going to filter when you are already on a specific product?

BTW, I didn’t know 2.1 was already out yet alone 2.1.2.:smiley:

[quote name=‘Tool Outfitters’]What are you going to filter when you are already on a specific product?

BTW, I didn’t know 2.1 was already out yet alone 2.1.2.:D[/QUOTE]

Although your question sounds sane, the goal of making it available on product pages is ease-of-use for shopper. When they are allowed to choose from all filters and categories from wherever they are on the site, it is just easier.

Ok. I don’t know what version of CS version I’m using. I mean to type 2.0.12. :smiley:

Although I understand why CSC does not list the filters when on product page (as Tool explained), like MarjWyatt, I didn’t think it was customer friendly. We paid for a mod to show the filters on every category, subcategory, product pages, although we did it differently with horizontal drop down menus using Ajax so the customer can choose a different product. In this case, the filters kinda become a search/filter function which we like.

[quote name=‘ChrisW’]Although I understand why CSC does not list the filters when on product page (as Tool explained), like MarjWyatt, I didn’t think it was customer friendly. We paid for a mod to show the filters on every category, subcategory, product pages, although we did it differently with horizontal drop down menus using Ajax so the customer can choose a different product. In this case, the filters kinda become a search/filter function which we like.[/QUOTE]

I was about to create a new topic on this, because it’s really more user-friendly to have a fixed product filter shown on every page.

Guess I’ll have to pay for that mod when I buy the license…