Product Features

Hi

After upgrading to 4.3.5, and editing/adding a product we have noticed this extra box in the product feature tab...................

[attachment=10682:ProdFeat.jpg]

Was wondering if anyone else has found this?

Thanks in advance

Barry

ProdFeat.jpg

It would look like it's a 3rd party addon that is adding fields and it may be a left-over from your prior version. I.e. the addon updated the db but is no longer in use and the upgrade left what was there.

Hi Tony

Thanks for the reply.

We don't have a 3rd party addon or had one that we can think of to do with features.

In addition to my 1st post I have discovered that we have a feature which we created called "feeder type" and it is only displaying on one category, the product in that category don't have the extra box in 1st image but do have the additional "feeder type"....................

[attachment=10685:ProdFeat2.jpg]

Not sure what the problem is though.

Regards

Barry

ProdFeat2.jpg

Try to reproduce this issue on the demo store

Try to reproduce this issue on the demo store

Thanks

I have and had earlier, but as I said it's only since upgrade.

Thanks again

Hi

I get this error when editing a product............ ErrorThe feature "" cannot be assigned to the product

I have searched the database and can't find an entry for a feature "" or any blank or unusual entries but can't see anything.

When I edit there isn't aproblem with saving I just get that message and entries in the error log....................

PHP Notice:  Undefined index: feature_id in /home/*******/public_html/app/addons/seo/func.php on line 2173
 PHP Notice:  Undefined index: feature_id in /home/*******/public_html/app/functions/fn.catalog.php on line 4221
 PHP Notice:  Undefined index: variant_id in /home/*******/public_html/app/functions/fn.catalog.php on line 4221
 PHP Notice:  Undefined index: feature_id in /home/*******/public_html/app/functions/fn.catalog.php on line 4221
 PHP Notice:  Undefined index: variant_id in /home/*******/public_html/app/functions/fn.catalog.php on line 4221

Has anyone got a suggestion please?

Thanks in advance

Barry

Looks like there is a feature in the database without name. To find the reason, it is required to examine your database

Looks like there is a feature in the database without name. To find the reason, it is required to examine your database

Hi

Thanks for reply.

Yes I agree, what i don't understand is I can't see anything in the database. Where should I be looking?

Done Prod Feature/Desc etc

Regards

Barry

You probably have an entry in the features table and no corresponding entry in the feature_descriptions table. Cs-cart uses a LEFT JOIN which if it can't find an entry will return an empty string.

Hi

Thanks for reply.

Yes I agree, what i don't understand is I can't see anything in the database. Where should I be looking?

Done Prod Feature/Desc etc

Regards

Barry

Try to find feature IDs in the cscart_product_features table which do not exist in the cscart_product_feature_descriptions table

Hi

Thank to both....

You probably have an entry in the features table and no corresponding entry in the feature_descriptions table. Cs-cart uses a LEFT JOIN which if it can't find an entry will return an empty string.

Try to find feature IDs in the cscart_product_features table which do not exist in the cscart_product_feature_descriptions table

Please see below images...

[attachment=10728:ProdFeat.jpg]

[attachment=10732:ProdFeatDesc.jpg]

As you will see there isn't anything unusual, that I can see anyway.

I have found something I think is strange in Product Filters (see image below)...

[attachment=10733:ProdFilt.jpg]

Maybe I am reading things wrong but the Feature ID "0" doesn't exist or is this some other features?

Thanks for your help

regards Barry

ProdFeat.jpg

ProdFeatDesc.jpg

ProdFilt.jpg

Well...............

(Prior to ALL activity I made BACKUPS)

Not sure I can describe exactly how I did things.

Initially I disabled all features, this cleared the issue (obviously no features tab on product) and then one at a time I activated the features. Checking a product that had the issue each time.

When I made Google Export feature active the problem returned, so I disabled it and uninstalled the addon to be sure.

Great I thought, but then checking other products I discovered some still had it. So I repeated the proccess with the features and it was the Manufacturer feature.

After much searching in database I managed to find some problems.

These were in cscart_product_feature_variant_descriptions and were all old Google Export related and they didn't have a coresponding cscart_product_feature_variant, I deleted them and hoped the problem was resolved.....NO!

Again after much thinking etc I established that all the products with the issue had -none- as the manufacturer. I downloaded all products and in the csv I found the ones with no manufacturer and pasted a generic manufacturer in.....BINGO, YAHTZEE!

That cured the issue, no more Ghost Fields.

Hope that makes sense and may be of help to someone?

Thanks to tbirnseth and eComLabs

Barry

Ain't life grand! ?

Glad you found the issue. My bet is the google export wants something in that field when it exports. That it used 'none' without a corresponding variant entry is a bit strange. You might want to report to bugtracker (include your last message, it gives plenty of detail).

Ain't life grand! ?

Glad you found the issue. My bet is the google export wants something in that field when it exports. That it used 'none' without a corresponding variant entry is a bit strange. You might want to report to bugtracker (include your last message, it gives plenty of detail).

Hi Tony

The only -none- fields were in the feature for manufacturers and to the best of my knowledge this has pretty much always been the case if you don't select a manufacturer. Not sure if it is a bug????

Still not sure why it caused problems though?

Having given every product a manufacturer the problem has definately gone.

thanks for the help

Barry

My bet is it was from a store import. I have plenty of products that do not have a feature assigned and they are blank instead of having -none-.

My bet is it was from a store import. I have plenty of products that do not have a feature assigned and they are blank instead of having -none-.

All of the products have/had the "Manufacturers" feature active, some just didn't have a manufacturer allocated, hence the option -none-. Problem is at some point the option -none- has gone from the option list, so I think this is part of the issue.

We have other features that have -none- allocated and there isn't an issue with them, but there is the -none- option in the list.

A long time ago we had a similar problem when moving from 2.x.x - 3.x.x with suppliers where we had the default supplier (-none-) on products and after the upgrade it was default supplier (default) but products were still -none- which you could'nt even search on and was a long process to change them. Just another upgrade glitch!

Barry

I have read somewhere (Can't find) that product features will add to CPU/Memory Usage.

As in, if you have a feature it is loaded to all products and not just the specific ones it may be allocated to.

If this is the case and you have product features that are not visible on the front end (for admin only use) ie hidden or in the feature set up not selected for display.

For example "Barcode" "Gtin" etc are not viewable on the front.

Question is..... Does the cart still load them in memory even tho not viewable when product viewed on frontend?

Regards

Barry

PS I think the original post I refer to was a Tony (TBirnseth) one!

Product features are available (and hence associated with) every product.

That's why it is extremely important to cut down the google category list to only those categories that will be used on your site. Otherwise you'll have 1000 variants in every product for the google category feature.

Product features are available (and hence associated with) every product.

That's why it is extremely important to cut down the google category list to only those categories that will be used on your site. Otherwise you'll have 1000 variants in every product for the google category feature.

Hi Tony

Thank you for confirming this.

Barry