Product Details Page Tab

Does anyone know how to remove the Product Details Tab (and content) from the Product Pages? It’s not possible to remove it from the Product Details Page Tab block. I can remove the content but not the tab itself.

I’m using 2.1 - fairly new to CS Cart but quite like it. Cheers Greg

You can set it in the “Administration” > “Appearance settings” to be a list (instead of tabs). If there’s no content, the list should be empty (thus blank).

Of course, there’s always using Firebug to find the “ID” of the block and hide it via CSS.

Are you talking about the description or all the tabs.

To remove the description tab, jut delete the description from your admin and the tab will dissapear.

If it is something else, can you please explain more?

Brandon

Your right, maybe I’m don’t understand what “Product Details Page Tab block” means. I thought he means the entire block where the product details tabs go.

[quote name=‘gginorio’]Your right, maybe I’m don’t understand what “Product Details Page Tab block” means. I thought he means the entire block where the product details tabs go.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies. I mean remove just the Description Tab and content (leaving the other tabs intact). I can disable the entire block (which I’ve done for the time being) but can’t work out how to remove just the Descriptions Tab. The reason I want to do this is because I’ve moved product descriptions from the tabbed area to the right of the product picture. You can see a test site at www.zuze.co.uk

I can’t guarantee this will work for you since you’ve made some changes to your code, but it should work.

First, to remove the description tab:

In your style sheet add:

#block_description {
display:none;
}

Then to remove the contents of the description tab.

In skins/your-skin/customer/blocks/product_tabs/description.tpl

Remove or comment out:

{$product.full_description|default:$product.short_description|unescape}

That should do it. Now the next tab should be your primary tab. I’d imagine that you could actually do this for any tabs that you want to remove, but I’ve only tested this with the description tab so I’m really not sure.

Anyways, I hope that helps.

Brandon

Hi - Thanks for your help with this. I’ll give it a try. Cheers Greg