Product Description Html

I have my product descriptions with html code included for line breaks, for example

Yet, my product pages do not show the line breaks. How can I get my line breaks to appear?

I'm certain this is an easy answer for someone who knows what they are doing, but I'm new and I can't find out why this happens in the documentation/forums.

Thanks.

try
after

Thank You for taking the time to answer.

I didn't have to do that in my Volusion HTML, but it works here.

Hi

Very interesting thread...I've exacltly the same problem; i tried to add a line break after each line of description of the content of my items. but without success.

All data of my items are imported to cs-cart by the import file function: For that I've created a csv file and in the field "features", I get "decription", separated with semi colon. In the descrption of the item, I've add
, then
at the end of each sentence I want to separate, but it doesn't run.

Is it possible to add such tags in the imported features field ?

I tried something else: placing line breaks into the product description thru the admin panel, but this is purely impossible: the text is edited in one line, and if i'm adding
, no influence on the result on the website. Text still appears with blabla
blabla
blabla and not

blabla

blabla

blabla

as I wanted.

Somebody to help me ?

thanks a lot

Hi

Very interesting thread...I've exacltly the same problem; i tried to add a line break after each line of description of the content of my items. but without success.

All data of my items are imported to cs-cart by the import file function: For that I've created a csv file and in the field "features", I get "decription", separated with semi colon. In the descrption of the item, I've add
, then
at the end of each sentence I want to separate, but it doesn't run.

Is it possible to add such tags in the imported features field ?

I tried something else: placing line breaks into the product description thru the admin panel, but this is purely impossible: the text is edited in one line, and if i'm adding
, no influence on the result on the website. Text still appears with blabla
blabla
blabla and not

blabla

blabla

blabla

as I wanted.

Somebody to help me ?

thanks a lot

Do you use 3rd party theme?

Hi,

Yes I'm using themes AND categories. But I don't see the connection with my question ?

Hi,

Yes I'm using themes AND categories. But I don't see the connection with my question ?

He asked if you are using a 3RD PARTY theme created by another company, and not the cs cart standard theme that came out of the box.

Hi

I'm not sure to understand. Could you explain me what it means ?

In my case, each item is defined with 2 categories since the beginning. And this didn't change.

One belongs to the field features, the other id defined by cs cart.

Apparently, this one in the feature field causes problem; we can't use line breaks in a field included in product features; no ?

Thx

The explanation is simple. In 3rd party themes data can be displayed incorrectly due to mistakes of developer.

For example, you have the $string variable with following string

String1
String2

We can out put it at least in 3 ways in templates

{$string}

result

String1
String2

{$string nofilter}

result

String1

String2