Price Display Customization

I am working a custom skin/template and need to know where I can edit the html for

price, and discount price.

Also I do not understand what is clean_price, old_price, and price in common_templates/product_data.tpl? What are the differences?

I have tried using the prices_block hook in product_data.tpl but it does not have what I need.

I need to format the price as follows on the category page.

$1,937.10 $1,743.39

or (if there is no sale or discount price)

$1,743.39

Anyone have any ideas where to start with this? I also checked common_templates/prices.tpl and it did not appear to be what i need either.

Many of those values are historical. Good luck figuring out what's set where and to what value for many of those.

You are probably seeing some compatibility with older versions being supported.

You can probably use the products:prices_block template hook to change the output of the whole pricing area. See common_templates/product_data.tpl for details.

Well I'm kind of confused about what you want, so if this reply is a little wrong, I apologize ahead of time.

If you are just wanting to re-arrange the prices, you might be able to do it within skins/your-skin/customer/blocks/list_templates/your-product-template.tpl

For example, in skins/basic/customer/blocks/list_templates/products_list.tpl There is :

{assign var="old_price" value="old_price_`$obj_id`"}
{if $smarty.capture.$old_price|trim}{$smarty.capture.$old_price} {/if}

{assign var="price" value="price_`$obj_id`"}
{$smarty.capture.$price}

{assign var="clean_price" value="clean_price_`$obj_id`"}
{$smarty.capture.$clean_price}

{assign var="list_discount" value="list_discount_`$obj_id`"}
{$smarty.capture.$list_discount}

{assign var="discount_label" value="discount_label_`$obj_id`"}
{$smarty.capture.$discount_label}

I'd think you could just re-arrange that and get what you want. Maybe toss in some styling or something? Of course putting this into a hook would be best.

I haven't tested this myself, but that is probably what I'd doink around with first.

Also, product_data.tpl doesn't really affect the placement of the prices. Sure there is some styling there, but most of that can be overcome by changing the styles.

Anyways, hope that helps,

Brandon

Hi Brandonvd,

you can help me with this problem that I posted?

If you like, I send a gift via paypal

I find it hard to explain my problem …

I hope you do understand …

I added a field in the Products table …

and I would like it to be invoked when the print on a customer packing_list

Add custom field to print_packing_slip.tpl - Configuration - CS-Cart Community Forums

Thank in advance